Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmp5484

06 Crew Cab 1500 Speakers

Just wondering if anyone know the max speaker depth on the rear dooors for an 06 crew non HD. Ordered two sets of infinity 6022i 6.5 (or 6.75) speakers for the door only to find out from someone that they think I need shallow mount speakers for the rear doors. Speakers top mount depth is 1 7/8. Now I personally think they will work fine but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Go look at the http://www.Crutchfield.com fitment guide. They may be able to help. I have found that even if they don't list depth, you can look at the speakers that they say "fit" and look at their specs. Not hard to figure out from there.

Welcome to the ZOO.

Well you see, I did that and the ones they say fit are deeper mounting depth than the ones I ordered which they say wont fit. For example, Infinity 6022i I ordered, crutchfield says doesn't fit, with a mounting depth of 1 7/8, yet all others will fit with depths of up to 2 3/8, just wierd. They must mean with the grilles or something I guess. Crutchfield is usually my first stop but they arent always accurate so I just thought Id try to see if anyone had any real world experience with this. thanks

Well... that really sucks huh? Just tryin to help. I've always had good results with crutchfield.

Good luck with it.

Just wondering if anyone know the max speaker depth on the rear dooors for an 06 crew non HD. Ordered two sets of infinity 6022i 6.5 (or 6.75) speakers for the door only to find out from someone that they think I need shallow mount speakers for the rear doors. Speakers top mount depth is 1 7/8. Now I personally think they will work fine but any input would be greatly appreciated.
The tweeters extend out further than the shallow-mount versions, so they may prevent the speaker grilles from fitting.

Put my speakers in today, what crutchfield said wouldn't fit, fit like a glove. didn't even have to use any adapter rings. Speakers just screwed right into factory location with no clearance issues whatsoever.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.