Oil Cooler Lines Help

I have a 2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gasser, and I am haveing a problem with the oil cooler lines leaking at where they connect to the block. I had them replaced under warranty at 29k miles, then they started leaking again around 70k miles so I had to pay out of pocket to get them replaced again, now they are leaking again at 160k. What can I do to fix this?

I have a 2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gasser, and I am haveing a problem with the oil cooler lines leaking at where they connect to the block. I had them replaced under warranty at 29k miles, then they started leaking again around 70k miles so I had to pay out of pocket to get them replaced again, now they are leaking again at 160k. What can I do to fix this?

I would just go get some braided stainless steel lines to replace the stock ones. You will probably have to change some fittings but in the long run they would last longer since they are able to flex unlike the stock tubes are.

Thanks for the info,

I am not sure if it is actually the lines themselves leaking or the actual block that bolts to the engine. I am going to clean the area real good and see where the leak orriginates from. The oil is covering where it mounts to the engine and runs down the oil filter.

Archived