Bluetooth Installation In Nbs

nbscanuck

I have a Motorola IHF1000 bluetooth hands free kit and didn't want to use the cheesy little speaker for the sound. I got the optional harness to connect the GMCSS-3A directly to the IHF1000, this means plug and play, NO soldering.

So installation is easy. Its best to make all your harness and hands free connections out of the truck. Remove the radio, disconnect the two plugs at the rear of the radio, plug the harness in, plug the original radio into the harness and your done. It comes with a small module which I stashed to the right of the radio. The bluetooth module will also fit in that area. I routed the microphone to the top of the A pillar and mounted the bluetooth controller to the right of the steering column.

When a call comes in the stereo mutes and the sound comes through the speakers. The volume of the calls is controlled by the stereo volume. They say that the steering wheel controls will still work, since I don't have them, I can't confirm.

Incoming sound is very good. Outgoing is pretty good (according to wife) but it still sounds like a hands free kit (a little tinny)

• 2 years later...

Archived