Backup Camera Pinout For 2009 Silverado

I have purchased the GM Backup Camera (GM # 25998187) that is now an option for 2009 Silverado's for my 2008 Silverado along with the tailgate handle trim so it would look factory. I was hoping the camera wiring would be a simple +12/Gnd/Video but there is what appears to be some type of isolation transformer between the camera and connector, for a total of 6 wires. Maybe this is some type of video pass through.

Can anyone tell me (my 2008 shop manuals are of no use) what the pinouts are for this camera (I assume the red/blk are +/-)? The colors are:

Red

Black

Brown (or tan)

White

Yellow (with red and black dot)

Blue (with black dot)

Thank you very much for your time.

Tony

I did the same thing with the factory bezel, but an aftermarket camera (just for easier installation with an aftermarket HU) Most of those wires are probably for image reverse. There is supposed to be a module that mounts under the driver's seat? That is the image reverse. I looked at a factory setup Saturday Lotsa wires!

Good luck with it

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

did you figure out how to connect the camera wiring? also are you sure the GM part number is right?

I own a 2008 Sierra 2500HD and I am looking to install the rear view camera in the tailgate, my truck is equipped with the factory navigation, will you be able to post a picture showing the camera mount?

Thank You,

Sam

Duramax Man,

I would recommend you take a look at Rostra's camera setup. They manufacture a pretty good setup. I just added the camera to my 2008 Silverado. Looks about as factory as you are going to get. The only issue I am running into now, is trying to get the camera option turned on. I think the dealer figured it out but my GPS is all crazy. Anyone ever had any issues after reflashing a navigation unit? My unit has me driving on the wrong roads and into rivers and whatnot. I am thinking something might have kicked the bucket on the navigation. Thank God for warranty.

The camera model you want is 250-8039. The website for the company is rostra.com. Message me if you want some more info on them.

• 2 months later...
I have purchased the GM Backup Camera (GM # 25998187) that is now an option for 2009 Silverado's for my 2008 Silverado along with the tailgate handle trim so it would look factory. I was hoping the camera wiring would be a simple +12/Gnd/Video but there is what appears to be some type of isolation transformer between the camera and connector, for a total of 6 wires. Maybe this is some type of video pass through.

Can anyone tell me (my 2008 shop manuals are of no use) what the pinouts are for this camera (I assume the red/blk are +/-)? The colors are:

Red

Black

Brown (or tan)

White

Blue (with black dot)

Tony

Did you ever get a response to this question?  Can anyone please help?  I too want to get the original camera and this part apparently comes with both the camera and the bezel.  Knowing the pinouts would help us all so that we don't have to use something aftermarket like a Rostra.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

This post covers all of this:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...c=93699&hl=

Also, just buy the kit. It is so much easier to install, comes with all the wiring that is needed as well. If you have a nav system it is pretty much plug and play with a slight Tech II mod. If you do not have the nav system, the image is displayed in a replacement Rear View Mirror (which I like better than the nav system since you use your mirrors to back up AND your rear view camera).

If you have any questions on it let me know.

• 1 month later...

Nobody has access to 2009 wiring diagrams? My 2007 shop manual doesnt cover this camera.

Please help

Red

Black

Brown (or tan)

White

Blue (with black dot)

Tony

• 3 months later...
Nobody has access to 2009 wiring diagrams? My 2007 shop manual doesnt cover this camera.

Please help

Red

Black

Brown (or tan)

White

Blue (with black dot)

Tony

Will this help you out

http://www.autostrata.com/skin/frontend/au...nstallation.pdf

• 7 months later...

In the long and steep downhill ramp, when the slope becomes more and more small, in fact the bus was downhill, uphill into the feeling of there, then if the mistake is the fuel door uphill away , then it is quite possible calamity.Many owners will use rear view camera to determine the front slope.

http://www.espow.com/wholesale-car-electro...ew-cameras.html

Im not sure where you bought the kit but it sounds like you have no instructions. I bought a rearview camera kit from a member here out of a wrecked truck and have GM instructions for installation in rearview mirror but i also needed to use the instructions from autostrata web site to use my nav unit. If you have any questions or would be interested in some paperwork let me know.

Archived