Which Lift Kit? Cst 8" Or Fabtech 6"

I need help deciding between the CST 8" or the Fabtech 6" for a 2009 Silverado 1500. I

want to put 35" on the truck. I was focused on the Fabtech for quite a while but just came

across the CST 8". Please give me your honest opinions because this is a 1 shot deal for me

because I live in the Bahamas.

The Fabtech actually nets 8" of lift as well. By the description, it sounds just like the Fabtech and other lifts presently out. The only thing differenent, is that the CST comes with heim outer steering components, which really aren't 100% necessary. I know plenty of guys with lifts on these trucks and the steering parts have never been an issue. I have contacted CST and asked them for a picture of the kit not installed to see what it's all about. Honestly, I think it is WAY over priced. You also have to add rear shocks as the kit does not come with any. Thats at least another 200 on top of the 2600 asking price. If the kit came with adjustable fox coil overs or something, then I would pay that price. Well, I am sure some of the others will chime in shortly. Good luck with your decision!

08SierraSLE.... i hate you. Your truck looks EXACTLY like i wanted. I was looking for a GMC Sierra Vortec Max Crew Cab in that color forever and was going to put the exact lift size and tire/rim combo you're running... damnit i love that truck!

Back to the OP... Justin said it quite well. The CST is a little overpriced for these trucks. Out of the two mentioned, i'd go with Fabtech.

The Fabtech actually nets 8" of lift as well. By the description, it sounds just like the Fabtech and other lifts presently out. The only thing differenent, is that the CST comes with heim outer steering components, which really aren't 100% necessary. I know plenty of guys with lifts on these trucks and the steering parts have never been an issue. I have contacted CST and asked them for a picture of the kit not installed to see what it's all about. Honestly, I think it is WAY over priced. You also have to add rear shocks as the kit does not come with any. Thats at least another 200 on top of the 2600 asking price. If the kit came with adjustable fox coil overs or something, then I would pay that price. Well, I am sure some of the others will chime in shortly. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for the advise. What other lift kits do you recommend I look at? What do you have on yours because that is pretty much what I want. I also want to put together a wheel and tire package that gives a true offroad look. I like how the 20 inchers like and stuff but I prefer smaller wheels with aggresive tires can you steer me in a good direction? Also which 6" fabtech liftkit would you recommend?

08SierraSLE.... i hate you. Your truck looks EXACTLY like i wanted. I was looking for a GMC Sierra Vortec Max Crew Cab in that color forever and was going to put the exact lift size and tire/rim combo you're running... damnit i love that truck!

Back to the OP... Justin said it quite well. The CST is a little overpriced for these trucks. Out of the two mentioned, i'd go with Fabtech.

Thanks for your advise, sorry about you having to drool over 08SierraSLE's truck though.

I would pick Fabtech between the 2, but there are other brands out there.

What other options do you recommend? I have never heard about that lift kit you are using, how is it working on the truck? My whole thing with lifting a truck is I want to see a 6" side walk and be able to drive over it with no problems.

Your truck looks good by the way I am hoping I can get that same colour.

What other options do you recommend? I have never heard about that lift kit you are using, how is it working on the truck? My whole thing with lifting a truck is I want to see a 6" side walk and be able to drive over it with no problems.

The lift im using is from Zone and they are a new company. I was told that its made by the same company that makes the BDS lift kits. So far im happy with it and its a decent kit.

Some other kits are Rancho, BDS, or procomp.

I little time with google or searching here and you will find lots of info on these kits.

is it 2 or 4wd?

Zone Offroad Suspension is a sister company of BDS Suspension, basically same company but with prices to compete more competitively against others such as ProComp and Rough Country who have cheap kits priced well... cheap for a reason!!!

I actually ordered and installed my Zone kit and i cant say that its the best kit out there cause ive only had it on for a couple weeks but until something breaks i cant say anything bad about it. Right outta the box it seems like a pretty solid kit...

Cant beat it for the money IMO :D

The lift im using is from Zone and they are a new company. I was told that its made by the same company that makes the BDS lift kits. So far im happy with it and its a decent kit.

Some other kits are Rancho, BDS, or procomp.

I little time with google or searching here and you will find lots of info on these kits.

is it 2 or 4wd?

More than likely it will be 2wd I don't think the dealership is going to import 4wd over here. I have to call them this week to find out exactly what options and trim level they will be importing into the country

Zone Offroad Suspension is a sister company of BDS Suspension, basically same company but with prices to compete more competitively against others such as ProComp and Rough Country who have cheap kits priced well... cheap for a reason!!!

How are the tires that you have on the truck because I like the look. Is treadwear minimal?

In my opinion you should go with a company,and a kit, that has proven itself. BDS, CST, Fabtech, Procomp, Rancho, and Superlift. Sure there are others, but these are among the mainstream and are all proven. The bottom line is that you will find satisfied people who are running all of these kits, and each will swear by the company they went with. Look at the various kits out there, find a reputable and well known company, and go with whatever lift is in your budget. Good luck. :D

Thanks for the advise. What other lift kits do you recommend I look at? What do you have on yours because that is pretty much what I want. I also want to put together a wheel and tire package that gives a true offroad look. I like how the 20 inchers like and stuff but I prefer smaller wheels with aggresive tires can you steer me in a good direction? Also which 6" fabtech liftkit would you recommend?

No problem. I would check out BDS (it was a close 2nd on my list), Superlift, Rancho, and Procomp. They are all great lifts. I would stay away from Rough Country though. Haven't heard/seen anything good from them yet for these trucks. Well, besides the leveling kit. I have the Fabtech kit on mine. I went with a 18x9, only because the 17's I wanted were out of stock EVERYWHERE. Not a fan of the bigger wheels (20+) with lifts. The wheels/tires are more up to you as they provide a more personalized look to your truck. I went with Procomp wheels/tires b/c 4wheelparts.com had a buy 3, get one free sale. Saved me a nice chunk of cash. In the end I am happy with them. The tires are Procomp extreme mud-terrains. They perform and seem to be wearing nicely. They do produce a nice hum while driving, but you will get that with m/t's. As far as the Fabtech lifts go, I would go with the basic kit. I think I read that you are going with a 2wd, but how often do you plan on being off-road and such? Either way, the basic kit will be fine. Unless of course you have the cash to burn and want the performance kits which include new Fox coil-overs.

Archived