1995 Gmc 1500 Sierra Right Turn Signal Problem

dave00beer

Question

Hello, I recently started having a problem with my right turn signal on my 1995 gmc 1500 pickup. While having the headlights and or running lights on...my right hand turn signal would not flash,and also the hazards would not flash. Turn the lights off and it would work,but you could also see part of the dash lights flashing at this time. NOW THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME BUT MORE THEN LESS.... I was told it was probably the turn signal switch...so about a week ago I replaced it with a brand new unit. All seemed fine for about 5 days or so....Now it seems like its doing it again...I left this morning LIGHTS ON..everything worked fine...drove about 3 miles and BAM problem started again?? I checked all the bulbs prior to replacing the turn signal switch and all seemed good. Any suggestions? could it be a bad light socket? that comes and goes? And would it be something only on the right side of the system or not necessarily? PLEASE HELP WITH ANY IDEAS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

0 answers to this question

I have a 96 with the same problem, turned out to be the trailer wiring harness. Unplugged it,plugged the main harness back together and everything was fine. Something to try if you have a plug in trailer wiring harness. Hope this helps.

Have you tried replacing the flasher?

i a had a dime....for EVERY time....

I bet U if ya just got out there and spanked dat ol' right tail light, every thing would be OK..... for about 2 weeks... then hit it again,etc,etc,etc..... i finally got smart and took off tail light, and smeared some dialectric grease in the socket-replaced bulb, and going on 2 years...still ok... until last night.... the blinker was fashing fast...which usually meant the dumb light had goofed again.... NOT this time!.... some SOB had pryed my tailight off my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can ya believe it?... cost me 35 bucks at junk yard for used ass.... but U can bet i used the grease before installing!

I have a 96 with the same problem, turned out to be the trailer wiring harness. Unplugged it,plugged the main harness back together and everything was fine. Something to try if you have a plug in trailer wiring harness. Hope this helps.

Well.....It's been awhile since I was on here....and I have been dealing with the same problem on and off. I did in the past just kinda wiggle-shake-cuss at the trailer wiring harness to see if it changed my problem.....(which it didnt) But after reading this I went out and did somemore looking and found a T-block (factory) that goes in between the rear lighting harness wires. I unplugged the T and then just plugged each harness end (male-female) into each other and HOLY $*** I think everything is good now. I got my signal back with lights on no dash lights flashing. All seems fine. KUDOS ruben1 YOU NAILED IT! and thanks for everyone else's help. I'll keep my fingers crossed for now but I am very confident this was the problem. And I don't feel bad by replacing the turn signal switch assembly,because my cruise and brights were messed up anyway and that took care of those problems. :D

(Just a little more info on this)

Yesterday the wife drove the truck half the day without any signal problems??? I did however when she got home took the front pass side signal/running light out and was wiggling the wires on the two light sockets and was able to stop the signal from flashing? So I replaced both of the two sockets and bulbs on that side......Now when I did this everything was working fine....As after replacing the 2 sockets everything still worked fine.

Well,

Guess that wasn't my problem.....The darn thing did it again today....Talked to the wife and she said it was acting up again this morning......Hour later she got back in the truck was driving with lights on and it was working again.....ANYONE have any ideas of what to check next??? I'm ready to pull my hair out!!

Dave

Archived