08 Sierra- Factory Alarm Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Copperhead3

Copperhead3

Enthusiast

• 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

My truck alarm worked fine, had to disconnect the battery one day, now the alarm seems alot more sensitve , than before, seriously if you touch the truck it starts honking. Now everytime you even hit the unlock botton on the remote just to unlock the truck, the alarm starts honking. If i lock the truck or not lock it , come back a couple mins. later it will honk if you open the door or hit the unlock bottom on the remote. Even when i use my remote start, it starts up and the alarm starts honking at the same time Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Kenny
Dodge is gone, So I now Have my 08 Sierra!!!

#2 socalfiremedic

socalfiremedic

Enthusiast

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

My truck alarm worked fine, had to disconnect the battery one day, now the alarm seems alot more sensitve , than before, seriously if you touch the truck it starts honking. Now everytime you even hit the unlock botton on the remote just to unlock the truck, the alarm starts honking. If i lock the truck or not lock it , come back a couple mins. later it will honk if you open the door or hit the unlock bottom on the remote. Even when i use my remote start, it starts up and the alarm starts honking at the same time Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Kenny

As with all electronics, try resetting it. D/C the battery, see if it goes back to default.

#3 Zembonez

Zembonez

10 YEAR GMT MEMBER

• Truck of the Year
  • 18,072 posts
  • Name:Jim
  • Drives:GMC Sierra

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

New truck. Time for a dealer visit. Warranty is a good thing.

a3-15-20124-07-34PM_0043acopy_zpsd6a10ce

FOUNDER of the RED TRUCK CLUB .

#4 Dmas

Dmas

Enthusiast

• 185 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

New truck. Time for a dealer visit. Warranty is a good thing.

+1
Posted Image

SS Side Step Bars, DIC Upgrade, Steering Wheels Radio Controls, 2" RC Leveling Kit, GM Bug Deflector, GM Color Matched Grill, AVS In-channel Ventvisors, GM Bed rail caps, GM SS Tie Downs, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, GMPP CAI, 20" CK945 Rims with 305/50R20 Khumo Ecsta STX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users