08 Sierra- Factory Alarm Problem

My truck alarm worked fine, had to disconnect the battery one day, now the alarm seems alot more sensitve , than before, seriously if you touch the truck it starts honking. Now everytime you even hit the unlock botton on the remote just to unlock the truck, the alarm starts honking. If i lock the truck or not lock it , come back a couple mins. later it will honk if you open the door or hit the unlock bottom on the remote. Even when i use my remote start, it starts up and the alarm starts honking at the same time Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Kenny

My truck alarm worked fine, had to disconnect the battery one day, now the alarm seems alot more sensitve , than before, seriously if you touch the truck it starts honking. Now everytime you even hit the unlock botton on the remote just to unlock the truck, the alarm starts honking. If i lock the truck or not lock it , come back a couple mins. later it will honk if you open the door or hit the unlock bottom on the remote. Even when i use my remote start, it starts up and the alarm starts honking at the same time Any help would be great!!!

Thanks

Kenny

As with all electronics, try resetting it. D/C the battery, see if it goes back to default.

Archived