Bose Speakers?

i have a bad speaker would like to fix it are the bose that good or should i just go to a stereo shop and get some cheap replacement one? what size are the door ones?

I am not totally sure about the ones in the trucks...but the Cadillac BOSE speakers have a amplifier on each speaker.

They are also a low ohm speaker if I am not mistaken and you can not use just any old speaker to replace one.

Door speakers are easy to replace. Just remember to take out ALL of the screws or you might break plastic. The door panel should lift out very easily when all of the screws are taken out. I would go on eBay and pickup either OEM's or Bose's.

Well I have the BOSE in my 06 Sierra, and it sound great. To ne honest the only thing that it lacks is low end bass, but a sub will fix that up real quick-like. I say spend the money and put BOSE back in if thats what is already in there.

Direct replacement of Bose speakers don't usually work too well as the Bose speakers are low ohm and common consumer speakers are higher ohm. You should be able to pick up a replacement Bose pretty easily on eBay from people who have done a full upgrade of their system. There may be a few people on that may have a Bose or two sitting around from their upgrades. Check out the audio forum here to see who has upgraded their Bose systems. For sizing, I would check out the Crutchfield site for what would fit.

I can't believe you guys are suggesting that he should put that same crap back in his truck. :lol:

You may be content with your Bose system, but the build quality of the speakers absolutely sucks.

The speakers are 6-3/4" (true 6-1/2"), and you need to replace them in pairs.

Archived