Dic Not Working

jetdriver

Question

0 answers to this question

OK I checked the 15 amp cigar fuse it was blown. I replaced it still nothing so I checked the terminals that the fuses plug into no power on either terminal.

So you have two problems: Your Drivers Information Center is not working and you have no power at pin 16(orange wire) of your Data Link Connector(OBDII connector).

That fuse powes pin 16 on the DLC, thats why I suggested it. If you do not have power on one of the two terminals, double check your test light at the battery, then see make sure the bolts that stick up around the fuses are tight because they keep the connectors from the bottom tight. If you still do not have power, your going to need a schematic and the guts/time to pull out the block and see if its a terminal/wire problem or if its the actual fuse block bad.

You could always rig 12 volts there so you can pass inspection, its only a power terminal not serial data.

As far as the DIC not working, you most likely have a bad cluster... Actually after reading TSBs on the subject there is a document about IPCs built before Jan 2003 having a insufficient solder on capacitor C105 internal to it and going blank suddenly. Most likely you will need a new IPC to fix that.

OK I checked the 15 amp cigar fuse it was blown. I replaced it still nothing so I checked the terminals that the fuses plug into no power on either terminal.

So you have two problems: Your Drivers Information Center is not working and you have no power at pin 16(orange wire) of your Data Link Connector(OBDII connector).

That fuse powes pin 16 on the DLC, thats why I suggested it. If you do not have power on one of the two terminals, double check your test light at the battery, then see make sure the bolts that stick up around the fuses are tight because they keep the connectors from the bottom tight. If you still do not have power, your going to need a schematic and the guts/time to pull out the block and see if its a terminal/wire problem or if its the actual fuse block bad.

You could always rig 12 volts there so you can pass inspection, its only a power terminal not serial data.

As far as the DIC not working, you most likely have a bad cluster... Actually after reading TSBs on the subject there is a document about IPCs built before Jan 2003 having a insufficient solder on capacitor C105 internal to it and going blank suddenly. Most likely you will need a new IPC to fix that.

Thanks for the help I will run 12 volts to the #16 pin on the DLC. As far as the IPC goes I have one out of a 2001 2500 do you know if it will work with the DIC?

I found that the terminal that feeds voltage to the 15 amp cigar fuse had a poor crimp on it that fixed the DLC.

Do you know where i can get a schematic so I can locate the capacitor #C105 and how can I find out the value of the capacitor? FYI the instrument cluster from the 2001 won't work. It has the trans temp gauge in it it shows about 69,000 mi., if you know anyone who wants it I'll take $175.00 +shipping.

Hi there and welcome to GM Trucks. :crackup:

Since pin 16 is supposed to be unswitched battery positive power I would trace that line back to see if it has been cut or disconnected in some way. Also I'd test the wire its self to be sure it's not the connector that has the problem.

Thanks for the help I will run 12 volts to the #16 pin on the DLC. As far as the IPC goes I have one out of a 2001 2500 do you know if it will work with the DIC?

Hi there and welcome to GM Trucks. :crackup:

Since pin 16 is supposed to be unswitched battery positive power I would trace that line back to see if it has been cut or disconnected in some way. Also I'd test the wire its self to be sure it's not the connector that has the problem.

I have checked the wire as far as I can (until it disappears into the harness). I don't now where the power feed for this wire comes from. Does anyone know if it's fused? If so which fuse is it? I have checked most of the fuses, they appear to be good however I may have missed one, and don't mind double checking.

Archived