Nbs 5.3 Oil Leak .

Had oil leaking by the starter . GM dealer replaced the oil pan gasket under warranty . Anyone else have this problem ? Just me ?

Call them tomorrow to set up another appt. If you had oil near your starter (like on the boltheads), it was NOT the oil pan, but the Crank Position Sensor seal. Trust me, I had this problem and my dealer tried the oil pan first, then the rear main, and on the 3rd try finally got it.

Do a search here, I had a thread about this in 2007, as have several others. It is a common problem.

Edit: What year truck? By "nbs" I assume it's a 2007+ GMT900, right?

Jeff, there is a really good chance you are right about this, especially since it is a NBS truck. However, on my 02, I had oil on my starter bolts and some coming out of the bell housing weep hole. The oil leaking from the pan gasket would be pulled into the bell housing by the spinning flywheel. The flywheel then distributed the oil all around including making it come out above the starter and run down and off the bolts. I have only heard of this one time on a NBS. Typically a leak on a NBS is the CPS like you said or possibly the rear main.

Hopefully they have fixed his.

Had oil leaking by the starter . GM dealer replaced the oil pan gasket under warranty . Anyone else have this problem ? Just me ?

I knew Vmax going to asnswer this, yep do what Jeff said here, yes same thing happend to me, thats how I got fixed mine.

Thank you Jeff :cheers:

Archived