08 Sierra Door Rattle

jrz123

Question

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra Ext cab and I am experiencing a rattling problem. It sounds as though the noise is coming from the drivers side rear door in the B post. The noise occurs when I hit a pretty rough or sharp bump. The noise sounds as though there is something in the door that is loose and these bumps cause this rattle. I live in the north east where pot holes and rough roads are the norm, and this very annoying. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer who adjusted the door, but this did not fix the problem. I have removed the door panels from both the front and rear door on the drivers side and drove the truck like that for a week. The noise was still present and I could find nothing loose. I am at my wits end, and would appreciate any info on the subject if anyone else has had a similar problem. Thanks.

0 answers to this question

I know exactly what you are talking about... I own the same truck. At first I assumed it was the door handle actually rattling, bouncing up and down. Then one day I decided to tap the door around the speaker and noticed that it made the same rattling sound. Havent manned up enough to take the door panels off but I think its either the speaker itself making the noise or the glass. Hope its some kind of help.

Guys I have a similar problem. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. The truck rides great and all, but i have horrible rattles. It almost feels like I am driving a plastic container. So I took it in this morning and the shop foreman rode with me. He heard the noise and said he will have his techs ride with him and get it fixed. I called in this afternoon and the adviser tells me that it is the step bars causing the rattle and to take it to the dealer that installed the step bars. I don't know if I believe this because the side steps/nerf bars are put on tight, I don't hear anything when I step on them.

The funny part is that if I drop down all the windows down, the rattle seems to be light or not as much. So I think the dealer doesn't want to look into it and just brush it off as the side steps. Please help with any advise as this rattle drives me nuts.

I bought mine new and it showed this on paperwork before it had been sold.

EI 07321 Inner Door Panel Rattle Noise/Loose - REF. TSB 07-08-110-010 12/13/2007 See Bulletin .

Apparently there is a known issue and fix for it. :) Just sayin.

I should have mentioned that they ordered me a knew nader pin latch plate and replaced it. The problem has been resolved and has not returned.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra Ext cab and I am experiencing a rattling problem. It sounds as though the noise is coming from the drivers side rear door in the B post. The noise occurs when I hit a pretty rough or sharp bump. The noise sounds as though there is something in the door that is loose and these bumps cause this rattle. I live in the north east where pot holes and rough roads are the norm, and this very annoying. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer who adjusted the door, but this did not fix the problem. I have removed the door panels from both the front and rear door on the drivers side and drove the truck like that for a week. The noise was still present and I could find nothing loose. I am at my wits end, and would appreciate any info on the subject if anyone else has had a similar problem. Thanks.

I had a rattle coming from what I thought was my left rear door and it got progressively worse. It turned out to be the Nader pin latch plate assembly on the drivers door. The pin itself was somewhat loose, which caused the door to rattle. It was on the third time that I brought it back to the dealership that they finally discovered it (third times a charm I guess). They ended up swapping the drivers side pin with the passengers side pin, and low and behold the rattle switched to my passengers side door. Its a good way to rule it out.

It does sound like a metal rattle, but i'm not 100% on that. It is strange because it sometimes makes the noise when braking hard, and sometimes the noise is one solid hit, while other times it rattles back and forth. I am going to pull both door panels off again and use some chassis ears to maybe narrow down a location. I will also check the speaker and door lock control box while I have it off. Thanks.

I know the aggravation you are going through. I had my dealer look at the rattle in my driver's door three times. First they replaced clips, then put foam tape inside and then put more foam tape inside. It is fixed for now, but I just hope it stays quiet...it was driving me absolutely nuts!!! :cheers::D:D:thumbs:

Good luck!

Archived