How Or Can, It Be Done? Nnbs Fog Light Aiming?

Ok,

I just want to clarify, I noticed my fog lights aren't aimed properly, one is fine and the other is off. I was down there a while back putting in HID lights, then I ended up going back to just bulbs. I'm curious if there is something to adjust them, that I might of moved or if the bulb is actually crooked think.gif

This is on a 08, with stock fog light setup.

Thanks!!! :D

I wanted to know the same thing. When i removed the fog light it had a adjustment on it than can be got to through a hole in the bumper cover. The adjustment looks like a star or a torques drive. So I am thinking a large torques drive may work.

The top stud has a threaded collar on it that pushes the lens down or pulls the lens up dependent upon the position of the collar. Pull the light housing from the mounting location and you will clearly see the way to adjust it.

• 6 months later...

Document ID: 1837540

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fog Lamp Aiming:

The front fog lamps must be aimed for proper illumination of the road. The front fog lamp aim should be checked when a new front fog lamp assembly is installed, or if service or repairs in the front end area may have disturbed the front fog lamp mounting.

Preparation Procedure:

Important: Horizontal aim is not adjustable on this vehicle. Vertical aim is adjusted by an adjusting screw located on the bottom rear of the fog lamp. Prior to aiming the fog lamps, perform the following steps:

Completely assemble all of the components on the vehicle.

Park the vehicle on a level surface.

Stop all unnecessary operations or work on the vehicle that affect the vehicle trim.

Close the doors and ensure that the vehicle has no load other than the driver.

Stabilize the suspension by rocking the vehicle sideways.

Ensure that the fuel level is 1/2 full.

Ensure that the tires are inflated to the proper pressure.

Ensure that the driver or a similar weight, approximately 75 kg (165 lb), is in the vehicle driver seat.

Aiming Procedure:

Park the vehicle on a level surface 7.6 m (25 ft) away from a wall or other flat surface.

Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the fog lamp.

Using this measurement, mark the horizontal centerline of the fog lamp on the flat surface directly in front of the vehicle.

Remove the front portion of the front wheel liner in order to access the adjusting screw.

Turn ON the fog lamps.

Reach inside of the front portion of the fender liner in order to access the fog lamp vertical adjustment screw on the bottom of the fog lamp.

Adjust the fog lamp so that the top edge of the fog lamp beam pattern is 100 mm (4 in) below the horizontal centerline.

Turn OFF the fog lamps.

Secure the forward edge of the front fender liner.

My 08 fogs are adjustable with a phillips screwdriver. They are easily accessed thru the wheelwell by just kneeling down and reaching up behind the light. It's just up and down. I don't know if L/R is adjustable.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...