Remote Starter Problems!

I was running a few cables under my dash yesterday for my CB radio and I accidentally bumped this small push-button switch that has been mounted under my dash. I knew as soon as I hit it that it had something to do with my remote starter, low and behold, the remote start does not work now. The only thing the remote start keyfobs do is blink the lights of the truck (like when you unlock and lock) but nothing locks or unlocks. The stock GM keyfobs still unlock and lock the truck. When I try to use the remote starter, the truck will start but immediately stall...then keeps trying to start again.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I bought the truck with the starter, in fact I didn't realize it had a remote start until the day I picked it up. Any help would be great!

Based on what you're saying, I'm thinking the remote starter was an add-on (since you mentioned the 'stock keyfobs' separately). Is that the case? If so, do you know what make & model of remote starter was added to the truck?

Based on what you're saying, I'm thinking the remote starter was an add-on (since you mentioned the 'stock keyfobs' separately). Is that the case? If so, do you know what make & model of remote starter was added to the truck?

No, like I said, I bought it with the remote starter. Upon farting around inside the truck while running some wires, I noticed a small black box behind the interior fuse panel door labeled "Door Lock Interface for GM." I assume it's the module that controls the unlock/lock function for the remote start, however, there is a red light on the module that is illuminated. I wonder if that means there's a problem or that it's just on and working.

No, like I said, I bought it with the remote starter. Upon farting around inside the truck while running some wires, I noticed a small black box behind the interior fuse panel door labeled "Door Lock Interface for GM." I assume it's the module that controls the unlock/lock function for the remote start, however, there is a red light on the module that is illuminated. I wonder if that means there's a problem or that it's just on and working.

Usually the keyfob will have the brand name on it. Try checking there, knowing what make it is may be of some help.

Usually the keyfob will have the brand name on it. Try checking there, knowing what make it is may be of some help.

On the back of the keyfob it has what looks to be a phone number "800-225-6074" and under that it says "FCC ID: ELVATCA" and finally under that there's a serial number "0E3B4S." I typed in "Elvatca" to google and I found a thread on another forum which mentions these names/numbers on the back of the keyfob and that thread states that it's probably an "Audiovox/Prestige" model. I have no idea. Maybe I should call that number that looks like a phone number? :lol:

By calling the number :mad: it says "Audiovox", was it purchased with the truck or did you have it installed?

You may start here ... http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tId=&brand= ... do any of these remotes look like yours? My guess is you pressed the remote-starter-kill.

Again, came with the truck. My key looks exactly like the one on the bottom of page one with the trunk button, although on mine instead of the trunk button it's the start button. I gotta run to work but I'll look into contacting them.

Forgot to retract my question if the starter came with the truck when you bought it (hit the submit button too fast).

Searching is your friend, it can lead to endless possibilities :mad:

I believe that the switch you bumped is the valet/security feature for your remote start/alarm. If I am understanding what has been previously written on this, I think all you need to do is push/hold it again until the LED light blinks again, and you shoud then be go to go.

bbwb

I went to the Audiovox website and searched for that 0E3B4S number and it came up with a remote. It is for use with APS55LRA so I went to that page and clicked on the view manuals button and looked at the manuals for it. It looks like you may have either turned off the system when you hit the button, or else hit the program button and deprogrammed it by accident but I think its the former. Check out the manuals and they should help you get the problem fixed.

I have an aftermarket remote starter that I installed and I also installed a module that works the door locks and lights by hooking into the vehicles data bus. This module has an led and a pushbutton on it. Is this the button you hit? You may have reset the vehicle type and it may need to be reprogrammed. Mine is a Directed Electronics module I believe.

I was running a few cables under my dash yesterday for my CB radio and I accidentally bumped this small push-button switch that has been mounted under my dash. I knew as soon as I hit it that it had something to do with my remote starter, low and behold, the remote start does not work now. The only thing the remote start keyfobs do is blink the lights of the truck (like when you unlock and lock) but nothing locks or unlocks. The stock GM keyfobs still unlock and lock the truck. When I try to use the remote starter, the truck will start but immediately stall...then keeps trying to start again.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I bought the truck with the starter, in fact I didn't realize it had a remote start until the day I picked it up. Any help would be great!

your problem is the truck has a factory alarm that they don't tell you,that's why your is thinking someone is trying to steal it.and that why the remote is fighting the factory alarm.so l would go to where you brought the remotestarter from and have them install it.you can damage your starter and that can cost $$.hope you get your ride going soon.

Archived