A/c Low Pressure Port On 01 Chevy Silverado

IIRC it's not on the accumulator but on the line coming off of it. Should have a black screw on cap the same as the high pressure line The high pressure line will be the one going from the condenser into the firewall/evaporator.

What's odd is that I went to check my A/C on my 5.3 today and found out the two service ports are almost right next to each other which makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah, I found the two fittings, both with black caps, but they are both on the high pressure side, the low pressure line doesnt have a fitting at all....doesn't make any sense to me...

IIRC it's not on the accumulator but on the line coming off of it. Should have a black screw on cap the same as the high pressure line The high pressure line will be the one going from the condenser into the firewall/evaporator.

What's odd is that I went to check my A/C on my 5.3 today and found out the two service ports are almost right next to each other which makes no sense to me at all.

There's an orfice tube between the two ports, your pressure changes.The one closest to the accumulator on the evap side is your low pressure port. As stated your gauges will only hook up one way.

ah, makes sense, well it seems like it might have a bit to much in it, i can't get the hose on that one without the hose wanting to jump off...

Its whatever port your charging hose fits too. So the larger Port you see is the low side fitting. R134A's Car hose,only fits the low side. The high side is a smaller port

switch that. the hose fits the small port, not the large.

Alright, fixed the problem, it was the a/c relay switch..

ah, makes sense, well it seems like it might have a bit to much in it, i can't get the hose on that one without the hose wanting to jump off...

Its whatever port your charging hose fits too. So the larger Port you see is the low side fitting. R134A's Car hose,only fits the low side. The high side is a smaller port

switch that. the hose fits the small port, not the large.

Archived