Quadrasteer?

Last month I purchased something I maybe shouldn't have. I traded my 99 silverado w/200 plus mi. for a 2004,chevy 2500 lt crew cab 4x4 w/ quadsteer, (everything in it but kitchen sink)only 47k on it for $15000, the 4 whl steering amased me...made a little noise kinda like a posi-trac might do on pavement but didnt know so I got x-tended warranty. Took it in today to maybe change fluid in rearend diff. to calm the noise down..but I pull a camper and thought i needed the added steering, now mech at gm want to disassemble rear diff and find the noise, shavings,etc,,,,or whatever is making what ase cert mechanics say it shouldnt have been sold like that...it wasnt normal...dealership has informed me within hr. ok to drive in 2 wheel until monday when they take it and i get rental car.....hope this has a happy ending....quad steer is awesome

Probably not anything more serious than replacing some bearings. Not the end of the world. At least you'll know exactly what you have when he's done. Hopefully not TOO expensive to fix.

Just make sure they use the right diff. fluid -- the QuadraSteer trucks require a special fluid in the rear axle. As a matter of fact, if the previous owner put regular fluid in the rear that may be creating some of your noise problems.

Just make sure they use the right diff. fluid -- the QuadraSteer trucks require a special fluid in the rear axle. As a matter of fact, if the previous owner put regular fluid in the rear that may be creating some of your noise problems.

+1 Its GM part#12378557 (And DO NOT add friction modifier to it)

Check the Quadrasteer Club site. Lots of tech tips. My quad made rear end noise after diff was rebuilt with 4:11 gears, wrong oil. GM special quad oil fixed'

might seem like a silly question, but what gears do you think came in mine? Seems the wrong oil is a frequent problem....still in shop, maybe mine will be back thurs...curious to hear what problem was.

Check the Quadrasteer Club site. Lots of tech tips. My quad made rear end noise after diff was rebuilt with 4:11 gears, wrong oil. GM special quad oil fixed'

might seem like a silly question, but what gears do you think came in mine? Seems the wrong oil is a frequent problem....still in shop, maybe mine will be back thurs...curious to hear what problem was.

Most quads came with 3.73 or 4.10. Should have build list in glove box. or ask dealer to look up vin build list. most info on quadrasteer club.com=quadrasteerclub.infopop.cc

tx=brian

Look in the glove box if you see GT5 that = 4.10's if you see GT4 = 3.73's. Unless quad steers codes are different.

Probably not anything more serious than replacing some bearings. Not the end of the world. At least you'll know exactly what you have when he's done. Hopefully not TOO expensive to fix.

it was limited slip clutches...gm replaced them, no big deal but even they say it was unusual for 'em to go out so early(50.000 miles)...not quadrasteer related

Look in the glove box if you see GT5 that = 4.10's if you see GT4 = 3.73's. Unless quad steers codes are different.

it is a gt-4(3.73)...is that lower or higher than 4.10's

it is a gt-4(3.73)...is that lower or higher than 4.10's

LOWER GEAR= NUMERICALLY HIGHER

• 1 month later...

Hey, i read that u had 4.11's installed....howabout a 2004 lt quad getting 4.56 ratio? Thats what I'm working on now...3.73 isnt enough to pull camper(9440lbs in mtns)

Archived