Transfer Case Computer (tccm Or Tcscm)

Hello All,

I'm in the processing of troubleshooting a 2001 GMC 1500 which refuses to switch from 4HI into anything else. See earlier post for reference http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...rt=#entry838305

So my question is......Will I have to have the dealer re-program the used TCCM to work/test in my truck?

Used TCCM = 2001 GMC Yukon, 5.3L, NP8, GM Part # 15749703 (Used part from wrecker)

My truck TCCM = 2001 GMC sierra 1500, 5.3L, NP8, GM Part # 15749703 (Currently in truck, not working?)

Any info on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Terry - based on my recent experience I am going to say yes. But, the dealership installed mine. They told me that when they put it in it was still throwing some codes / service 4WD message. They had to use the programmer to make adjustments. You probably aren't going to get much feedback on this one as it is a rare problem...I say just try it and find out what happens. Let us know what you find out!

New or used?

When you replaced the TCCM was it new or used? If used was it from a similar Yukon, similar features, or just another TCCM with matching part number?

And thanks for your reply, all input is appreciated.

Terry

I have a 99 Yukon with the NP8 Autotrak. I changed the TCCM myself and it did not require reprogramming from the dealer. YMMV though.

Installed used TCCM

Hello All,

I'm in the processing of troubleshooting a 2001 GMC 1500 which refuses to switch from 4HI into anything else. See earlier post for reference http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...rt=#entry838305

So my question is......Will I have to have the dealer re-program the used TCCM to work/test in my truck?

Used TCCM = 2001 GMC Yukon, 5.3L, NP8, GM Part # 15749703 (Used part from wrecker)

My truck TCCM = 2001 GMC sierra 1500, 5.3L, NP8, GM Part # 15749703 (Currently in truck, not working?)

Any info on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

---Installed used (junkyard) TCCM-------------------------------------------

So installed the used TCCM and it did not fix my problem, so I can't whether or not it requires the re-programming or not. Basically the truck now indicates another issue, the used TCCM changed the scenario a little so I'm trouble shooting again. Now I believe I'm looking at the Encoder Motor, once it is replaced I'll see if the used TCCM works.....

See this post for more info http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...rt=#entry845801

Terry

• 2 months later...

Just a message to close out this thread. I finally picked up a new actuator motor (motor on transfer case that switches from 2hi - 4hi - n - 4lo) and installed it. The install is very straight forward, removed the front drive shaft, disconnect two electrical connectors, remove 3 bolts and pull old motor out. The new one lined up on the shaft and re-install was reverse of removal.

Short of the long storey is the new actuator motor fixed the problem.....no more shifting issues. It's been 2 weeks and 400 miles, no issues at all.

Thanks to all that took the time to read and respond with suggestions and information.

Take-care,

Terry

PS. I now have a used TCCM for testing if anyone is interested?

• 2 years later...

Archived