Drivers Side Tire Wheel Sticks Out More Than Passenger.

Sigmawess

Question

WTF? I was looking at my truck today when i noticied my drivers side tire is sticking out almost 1/2 inch further than my pasenger side. I compared it lokking down the side of the truck from both the front and back angles and my wofe noticed too. What could cause this? Its driving me nuts.

0 answers to this question

WTF? I was looking at my truck today when i noticied my drivers side tire is sticking out almost 1/2 inch further than my pasenger side. I compared it lokking down the side of the truck from both the front and back angles and my wofe noticed too. What could cause this? Its driving me nuts.

Camber difference from one side to the other. I assume you mean the top of the tire?

The camber angle looks to be zero, it appears the whole tire is sticking out. Top and bottom. If it is the camber diffence, how can I adjust it?

Camber settings are a bit different from right to left as specified but it shouldn't be a big difference.

Hang on. I'm gonna go look at my truck.

OK... The left front on mine is a little bit further out than the right front. I didn't measure it but there is a small difference. To really tell, you need to start measuring from frame points to body points. The body on these trucks is mounted on mounts that are somewhat adjustable. Worst case, you could loosen the cab mount bolts (easy to do) and simply slide the cab over a little. 1/4 inch is all it would take if you're off by a full 1/2.

Nothing to worry about. All trucks are off by a little if you really get to measuring.

Thanks Jim, I was worried it was something with the strut or hub for some reason. The body being off makes sense. I tend to get paranoid when it comes to my truck.

Camber difference from one side to the other. I assume you mean the top of the tire?

The camber angle looks to be zero, it appears the whole tire is sticking out. Top and bottom. If it is the camber diffence, how can I adjust it?

Camber settings are a bit different from right to left as specified but it shouldn't be a big difference.

OK... The left front on mine is a little bit further out than the right front. I didn't measure it but there is a small difference. To really tell, you need to start measuring from frame points to body points. The body on these trucks is mounted on mounts that are somewhat adjustable. Worst case, you could loosen the cab mount bolts (easy to do) and simply slide the cab over a little. 1/4 inch is all it would take if you're off by a full 1/2.

Nothing to worry about. All trucks are off by a little if you really get to measuring.

Thanks Jim, I was worried it was something with the strut or hub for some reason. The body being off makes sense. I tend to get paranoid when it comes to my truck.

No need for that, it's an inanimate object and won't hurt you at all. :withstupid:

Can't blame ya. I do too. Adjusting the cab on the mounts isn't a biggie. You'd be surprised how many times our shop had to do it during body repairs. The techs got pretty good at it.

Archived