1999 Z71 Push Button 4x4 Problem!

I have a 1999 silverado z71 with push button 4x4! A few months ago I was trying to put it into 4x4 and the lights flashed then all lights went off like it lost all power!! I haven't been able to Figure out the problem since! I was told it could be the 4x4 control module behind the dash! I bought a new one but still didn't fix my problem!! anyone have any ideas??

I had the same problemon my '99. I had to replace the entire switch. At the time by internet search found that there was some defective switches. I didnt cost a whole lot and install time was minimal.

• 4 weeks later...
I had the same problemon my '99. I had to replace the entire switch. At the time by internet search found that there was some defective switches. I didnt cost a whole lot and install time was minimal.

I had the same problem on my 2000 silverado z71 4x4.......the quik fix for mine was to take out the switch and solder all the connections on the back of it....it seems like this is a common problem with the 99-02 trucks with the push button 4x4 switch....after some age and the flexing of the switch some of the solder joints break.....this fix works most of the time and cost $0

Archived