Sign in to follow this  
shithappens

Hvac Blend Door Actuator Install Directions

Question

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

46 answers to this question

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps.

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Norseman.

I hope it is as simple as that diagram suggests it is.

Norseman, Thanks from me too. been listening to this thing make noise for long enough now

Norseman, what year or years does this cover???

I'm not sure if that covers 03. When I get a chance I'll look at 03 and let you know.

Norseman, what year or years does this cover???

I'm not sure if that covers 03. When I get a chance I'll look at 03 and let you know.

Do you have the automatic or manual HVAC?

I have a similiar problem with my 2003 Sub. It has dual driver and passenger climate control. My problem is the blend door is opening about a quarter inch and then closing. When recirculate is selected the dooor opens fully and when it is deselected (either manually or automatically) it closes. So my question is the actuator failed or do I have a sensor problem and how do I troubleshoot it?

Mine has auto HVAC, thanks for your help.

See if this Helps

Norseman, do you have anything like this for a 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4? same problem, older truck. still an automoatic actuator.

this picture looks funny. what is the Remove the instrument panel carrier. Is it the whols outer dash? i have some ac ducts right over the top of the blendoor.

Edited by 184dsmith

this picture looks funny. what is the Remove the instrument panel carrier. Is it the whols outer dash? i have some ac ducts right over the top of the blendoor.

I am wondeing on this too. There must be some instructions that come before those instructions....what needs to come off before replacing the actuator?

Me too...what's the instrument panel carrier?

I am wondeing on this too. There must be some instructions that come before those instructions....what needs to come off before replacing the actuator?