Hvac Blend Door Actuator Install Directions

shithappens

Question

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best write-up I've found

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showt...d+Door+Actuator

Hope that helps.

I have 2004 Suburban. Have ordered actuator and am going to try to replace it myself.

I am female and know I can do this with some help from you guys. When I calibrate how do I

clear all dtc's. I am replacing the driver side actuator. Remember, I am female and need the info in

plain english. I appreciate any help I can get.

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

Im a novice at this. Can you tell me exactly what the "instrument panel hush panel" is and where it is located?

Just replaced the temp blend door motor on my 00 Sierra today. Less than 40 bucks for the part. Mine is manual controls, no seperate passenger side temp control so there is only one blend motor. As stated above, drop the black plastic panel under the dash on the passenger side. 4 small bolts. The blend motor is right under the dash and above the trans tunnel. Two bolts and a plug and it's off. Mine was getting stuck on full hot.

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Norseman.

I hope it is as simple as that diagram suggests it is.

Mine has auto HVAC, thanks for your help.

Ok I have a 99 Silverrado 2500 I need to repalce the recirculation motor. I guess I do It pops contionusly when either in fresh air or recirc I seen in the digram but how do you tell which brand you have Delphi or Visteon

Mine has auto HVAC, thanks for your help.

See if this Helps

Hi Norsman, I have an '06 Silverado with the manual slider dual temp controls. The passager side gets stuck on heating if you move the slider off of cooling (even if you move it back). I think that the actuator needs to be replaced. Do you have the directions to access the passanger side temperature control actuator?

I tried replacing the mode actuator on my 2001 Silverado 1500 with single climate zone controls and I'm about to lose it. I pulled the fuses, replaced the new actuator, reconnected everything and the mode controls were completely reversed. On defrost it would blow through the front ducts and vice versa. I tried the reset procedure decribed earlier (disconnect battery for 30 sec, turn key on for 1 min, off for 10 sec, then back on) and now the controls not only remain reversed, but I have only two modes (either full defrost or full front). I did mess with the new actuator during the install to try and solve the reverse mode problem by setting the mode to defrost, pulling the actuator, and rotating the cam to defrost in the hopes that everything would sync up. No luck and now I have lost all the modes in between. I hate to admit defeat, but I'm about to drop the F-bomb and take it to a shop unless someone on here can help...

Norseman, what year or years does this cover???

I'm not sure if that covers 03. When I get a chance I'll look at 03 and let you know.

Do you have the automatic or manual HVAC?

GUYS,the i/p carrier is NOT mentioned ,lord thundering ,its beside the FAN!!!!!!

READ THE POST or link

its like a shark frenzy in here ,holy shat!!!

you guys dont want to mess with the carrier,it'll ***k you up

I think I have narrowed down my problem, and know what I need to do, but I figured I would get a little support before rolling up the sleeves. I have a 1999 Silverado 1500 5.3L. When I want heat, I have been having a harder and harder time getting it to work. The air blows fine, but sometimes I have to move the thermostat from the cold setting back to the hot side either once or a few times to get the hot air to begin flowing. Sometimes when I do this, I can hear a clicking noise kinda coming from where my glovebox is. It usually clicks about 3 times but this sound does not always produce heat. The clicking sounds like a stripped gear or component. So either the blend actuator is stripped (or near enough), or the blend door is messed up. When I turn it to the cold setting, it is always cold. I do not seem to have a problem with it being stuck on heat, which at this point in the year would be just fine.

So now I am just wondering if anyone can tell me, "Oh yeah, all you need is to change the actuator." or, "Well you may need to tear the truck apart to get to the blend door."

Thanks for the help!!

Archived