Hvac Blend Door Actuator Install Directions

shithappens

Question

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 94 1500 and the hvac blend door actuator has gone bad and makes an annoying clicking sound when the power in turned on or off. I have searched the internet for instructions on how to fix this problem with frustrating results. All of the information out there is horribly deficient. Even the information on this forum is not clear enough for the average Joe non gearhead. (no disrespect to any members of this forum is intended)

To locate the right actuator look under dash directly below the glove box and follow the large wire bundle to the firewall

chevy1.jpg

chevy2.jpg

Forgive this picture as it was taken using a mirror in order to see up under the dash. The flash caused a lot of reflective noise

look above the wire bundle and you will see the actuator attached to the hvac unit.

I am not sure how to access it due to the confined space but i was able to unplug it which solved the clicking problem.

100_0505.jpg

Hopefully some can shed some light as to how to actually get the darn thing out.

Hello guys,

Need help. I have a 2003 Silverado SS with manual dual climate control. When i change the air to flow from the front vents to the windshield it will not change? do you know what actuator it might be and a writeup on how to do it?

Um....right side actuator (I get hot air on the right side).

Step one....Remove the instrument panel carrier

GUYS,the i/p carrier is NOT mentioned ,lord thundering ,its beside the FAN!!!!!!

READ THE POST or link

its like a shark frenzy in here ,holy shat!!!

you guys dont want to mess with the carrier,it'll ***k you up

The actuator on the hvac blend door has blended it's last blend and is in need of replacing. Hopefully someone can post directions for replacing it. I have no idea where it is or how to remove/replace it. The truck is a 2001 Silverado.

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps.

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Air_Temp_Actuator.pdf

Ok tried doing the recalibration on the truck and nothing yet. Still throws air through the front vents on the window defroster. :rolleyes:

The actuator shown so far here is the Air Temperature Actuator, one that blends hot and cold. The actuator for the floor, vent, defrost, is the Mode Actuator and is in a different place on the assembly as pictured in my 2002 Silverado Service Manual.

This is the best write-up I've found

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showt...d+Door+Actuator

Hope that helps.

I have 2004 Suburban. Have ordered actuator and am going to try to replace it myself.

I am female and know I can do this with some help from you guys. When I calibrate how do I

clear all dtc's. I am replacing the driver side actuator. Remember, I am female and need the info in

plain english. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks for the info and the link, this seems to be pretty cut and dry. I sure do appreciate it.

My 2009 Silverado is doing the same thing.

Blowing hot air all the time, both driver and passenger side.

Dual zone, auto control.

I have reset the control by removing the fuse and going thru the restart routine, but no joy.

Any suggestions on how to get the air to blow cold again ?

Both sides blow hot air, floor only, no ability to direct air to the vents or defrost. The control shows the correct indications, but the air comes out hot, on the floor only, all the time, regardless of settings

The truck is out of warranty and I'd like to fix this myself is possible.

I don't have a clue where the blend door actuator is.

I have the bucket seats with center console if that helps

I'm lost on this one and the heat is killing me as I commute about 90 miles one way to and from work

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Me too...what's the instrument panel carrier?

this picture looks funny. what is the Remove the instrument panel carrier. Is it the whols outer dash? i have some ac ducts right over the top of the blendoor.

I am wondeing on this too. There must be some instructions that come before those instructions....what needs to come off before replacing the actuator?

Thanks everyone.

Hope this helps.

Step 1 in the PDF posted in this thread is not "Remove IP carrier". It is Remove IP hush panel. You are speaking of a different procedure. gmtech4 is referencing the PDF in this thread.

I respectfully disagree.

On May 12 2009, 07:49 AM, Norseman posted a new file called Auto_HVAC.pdf

In that has instructions for "Right side air temperature actuator" and the first step is "Remove instrument panel carrier". I'm trying to figure out what that is/where that is...so I can decide whether I want to tackle that.

Step 1 in the PDF posted in this thread is not "Remove IP carrier". It is Remove IP hush panel. You are speaking of a different procedure. gmtech4 is referencing the PDF in this thread.

i just replaced mine on my 01 silverado 1500. its not too hard. i used a 1/4 in ratchet with a 10mm and a 7mm socket (i think). theres a cover over the whole system on the passenger side floor board. you need to take that off. just a few screws. once thats off the actuator is toward the center on the passenger side. theres only 3 screws on it and is real easy to take off. then disconect the connector.

Now, make shure you have the correct replacement part. I found mine on rockauto.com for about $40 for the off brand. they also sell AC Delco if you want to spend a little more for name brand.

To install the new one. the door should be swinging freely. start your truck and turn on the blower to 5. it should be blowing out heat. take your new actuator and connect it to the connector then turn that to the hottest setting.then disconect the connector. you can now install the actuator using the three screws from the old one. replace the cover and your done. it should work perfectly.

Archived