Heated Seat Problems

Unplug the connector at the seat and monitor it with a multimeter to see if it is getting constant power or not.

If it is, then check the connector and seat wiring for poor connections.

If not, then get a factory electrical diagram book and monitor the connectors further and further back to the power source. These wires tend to be bundled and are impossible to trace, thus the reason for the electrical diagram manual. This will tell you which harness(s) the wiring is in and show you the locations of various connectors / wiring for this circuit.

I have an '05 with the leather heated seats. I have noticed an intermittent problem with the passenger seats heat not coming on. Anyone have any ideas or where to start looking?

Awe come-on...It is May...we won't need our headed seats for at least 3-4 months!!!

Awe come-on...It is May...we won't need our headed seats for at least 3-4 months!!!

My drive to work today was 34 F. Of course I am used to not wearing a jacket anymore in the mornings. I didn't realize the temp. until I got in my truck and it said ICE. I was thinking, hmm, yea... okay. My windshield was frosted. In the spirit of looking forward to warmer weather I toughed it out in my polo for the first 5 minutes until I got heat.

I'm going to assume that you already know this. But, the seat heaters won't work unless somebody is sitting in them. At least that's how mine are.

I didn't know that.

So it could be either a loose connection or a faulty sensor. Would you know if the sensor is in the seat?

So it could be either a loose connection or a faulty sensor. Would you know if the sensor is in the seat?

Probably the same sensor in the seat that detects if a person is there for airbag purposes. When there is no weight there, passenger air bag(s) turn off.

My drive to work today was 34 F. Of course I am used to not wearing a jacket anymore in the mornings. I didn't realize the temp. until I got in my truck and it said ICE. I was thinking, hmm, yea... okay. My windshield was frosted. In the spirit of looking forward to warmer weather I toughed it out in my polo for the first 5 minutes until I got heat.

Must be global warming!

Probably the same sensor in the seat that detects if a person is there for airbag purposes. When there is no weight there, passenger air bag(s) turn off.

:sigh:

I'm going to assume that you already know this. But, the seat heaters won't work unless somebody is sitting in them. At least that's how mine are.

I didn't know that.

really? thats news to me. sometimes when im in a good mood i put the passenger seat heaters on before i pick up my girlfriend from work.

I didn't know that.

really? thats news to me. sometimes when im in a good mood i put the passenger seat heaters on before i pick up my girlfriend from work.

I agree you can turn them on. The lights will light up and everything. But, they won't warm up until someone is sitting in them. I assume that it is a safety issue since mine get smokin' hot. I really wouldn't be surprised if they turned them down on the newer trucks.

I didn't know that.

I agree you can turn them on. The lights will light up and everything. But, they won't warm up until someone is sitting in them. I assume that it is a safety issue since mine get smokin' hot. I really wouldn't be surprised if they turned them down on the newer trucks.

That tells me that the problem must be a loose connection. When the wife is sitting in the seat, the lights don't even come on. She can try a few minutes later and it works like a champ.

Archived