Magnaflow 17646

I saw that price online too and made a lowball offer and they counter offered $548... I m also wondering about the sound and how much drone from someone who drives one. Somewhere there is a post about the 09 systems being different than 07-08 s..

I have the 16741 ( duals out the rear) and there is hardly any drone. I have no complaints about my magnaflow. It's nice because it has the nice rumble at WOT and nice and smooth under normal driving. If i wanted more noise I would have went with a stainless Flowmaster or Borla.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 16746, the dual out the passenger side before the rear axle. I bought it from hottexhaust.com last november for $444 shipped. Google for coupon codes...

Overall, I love the sound. Its loud when I get on it and the drone isnt too bad. Definately noticable when driving at highway speeds, especially on ascents.

there is a DIFFERENT part number for the 2009's because of the flange or something.......I called magnaflow last week and they have the new part number but they do not have any in stock yet

....they said they should be getting them in stock anytime now

I just ordered the muffler and tip and am having a shop weld it up for me

• 1 month later...
there is a DIFFERENT part number for the 2009's because of the flange or something.......I called magnaflow last week and they have the new part number but they do not have any in stock yet

I just installed the 16746 on my 2009. The flange IS different, but I had a muffler shop just weld it in, no worries. The fit and finish are beautiful, just as any Magnaflow system usually are. The 2-out in front of the rear tire look awesome in my opinion. It does have a slight drone when it goes to V4, but seems to be getting better. The smile meter goes off of the chart when you step off in it, simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!1

I just installed the 16746 on my 2009. The flange IS different, but I had a muffler shop just weld it in, no worries. The fit and finish are beautiful, just as any Magnaflow system usually are. The 2-out in front of the rear tire look awesome in my opinion. It does have a slight drone when it goes to V4, but seems to be getting better. The smile meter goes off of the chart when you step off in it, simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!1

This is one of the main reasons I had Justin disable the AFM when I had it tuned. Otherwise, I love this system. The sound is great! :thumbs:

Pinky93- so the muffler shop cut off the OEM just behind the flange and also cut the Magnaflows flange off, then welded together? Were the tubes the same diameter?

This thread is about to lighten my wallet.....

Pinky93- so the muffler shop cut off the OEM just behind the flange and also cut the Magnaflows flange off, then welded together? Were the tubes the same diameter?

Yes, the diameter was correct. This system is correct for the truck, except for the different flange. I didn't want to wait, so I just modified it. It cost me $75.00 to have it welded in and the company I actually purchased the system from paid for it! Good luck.

You are from Ocala????? I just moved to Baytown from Ocala! We lived there for about 10 years and loved it.

This is one of the main reasons I had Justin disable the AFM when I had it tuned. Otherwise, I love this system. The sound is great! :(

I would love to have my truck tuned, but am hesitant because of the warranty issue. I will do the K&N FIPK next and then decide.

Archived