Some Problems On A. 07 Gmc Sierra Vmax Crew Cab

Hey guys,

So for the past week or two, I've noticed that my parent's Vmax starts a little rough on a cold start, generally sitting at just under 1000 rpms like it does on a normal idle, but feeling rather rough and you can feel the whole truck shaking a little bit. I'll usually notice the lights in the truck just barely dim down for a second a few seconds afterwards, and then it starts idling perfectly fine.

However, yesterday we went to crank it and it was very rough, to the point that the only way to get it to stop was to either rev the engine a little, or turn it off and crank it again. The remote start also stalls out everytime now if it's a cold start.

Speaking of the remote start, it's acted a little funny ever since we bought the truck. Sometimes when you crank it via the fob, it will crank, run for a second, and then just cut off. It won't allow you to start it again via the fob, but if you hop in and crank it with the key, it starts just fine.

Any ideas on what the problem would be? It's still under warranty, so we're taking it to the dealership this week to have it looked at.

Other small problems we're looking at include the headlights, the alignment of the front bumper, and a squeak from the rear seat. The truck has <24,000 miles on it, so we're trying to figure out why the headlights would already be showing signs of yellowing. We're going to attempt to have the dealership replace them under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. We noticed after buying the truck that the front bumper is slightly out of line, sitting about 1/4" lower on the passenger side than the driver side. It's something we can fix ourselves, but we want the dealer to fix this too while they have the truck for the issue with the rough idle. Lastly, the driver's side of the rear seat squeaks if there is anyone sitting in it. It sounds like it's related to the bracket behind the seat that holds the seatback up, but we've yet to figure out why.

Oh, one last thing. The little plastic inserts at the bottom of the windshield, the one that holds the antenna, with the slits in them for the hood to open? They're a little warped on the truck. Is this a common issue that we could fix cheaply?

Thanks guys!

rough idle = bad gas perhaps.

The plastic piece surrounding antenna... the piece of plastic to the outside of the slit is "warped" i suppose on mine. Not sure if it the same case as yours. It is raised a little bit higher than the rest of the part, nothing i'm too concerned about.

Read your owners manual about the remote start.

Does it say something about only being able to remote start with two attempts, then you would need to start it with the key?

I knew about the remote start only giving two attempts, but this happens after the first attempt.

Does it say something about only being able to remote start with two attempts, then you would need to start it with the key?

I knew about the remote start only giving two attempts, but this happens after the first attempt.

Is it throwing a code? Cuz the RS won't work if a code is being thrown either.

Is it throwing a code? Cuz the RS won't work if a code is being thrown either.

I forgot to mention that it is not. We've never had a single message thrown in the DIC, which is part of what makes this so infuriating.

Currently, we're thinking it's a problem in the fuel line, because of the fact that it only has this issue on a cold start. It's just odd that cranking it via the key, it idles rough, but when it stalls out via the remote start, it doesn't even begin to idle roughly, and instead just cuts off.

I second low voltage issue. These trucks are very sensitive to consistent voltage. Also, just for fun, clean the MAF sensor. Depending on mileage, if it's dirty it could cause rough running issues.

Just another option.

rough idle = bad gas perhaps.

The plastic piece surrounding antenna... the piece of plastic to the outside of the slit is "warped" i suppose on mine. Not sure if it the same case as yours. It is raised a little bit higher than the rest of the part, nothing i'm too concerned about.

So is mine.

Ok, so the dealer's gonna keep it overnight to ensure that they get to test it on a cold-start tomorrow morning.

I was told by the guy at the desk that it's most likely a lean fuel mixture, which sounds like a viable option, but really seems like something that should throw a code. He said it's probably related to the MAF, but we'll see.

As for the headlights, I was originally told that they'd go ahead and replace them under warranty, but was afterwards told that it seemed to be coming off when they tried to clean it. I told them I've done that before and it'll last for a few weeks, but come back. So, long story short, I'm gonna try and let them clean them, and if it does it again, the truck is going back to have new headlights put on it.

They didn't mention a probable cause on the rear seat, but I'll see what the service dept. says they did to fix it tomorrow.

Archived