Oil Filter: Wix Vs. Mobil 1

I searched and it seems that both Wix/NAPA Gold and Mobil 1 are suggested filters. I currently use Mobil1 5w-30 in my 08 Silverado with a Mobil1 filter, but I am thinking about going to a Wix at my next oil change. I'm not sure if it really matters between the two filters, but is one filter better than the othe when running Mobil1 oil? Should I stick with the Mobil1 or go with the Wix? Are their filter capabilities equal? The Wix is quite a bit cheaper than the Mobil1 and if it filters just as good or better, then I'm gonna go with that one.

Thanks guys.

Wix filters (alternative to AMSOIL filters for their XL motor oil) are rated at 7500 miles or 6-months, which ever comes first. I'm guessing you're using Mobil 1 and not Mobil 1 Extended & you're suppose to change the filter with every oil change, which is b/w 5-7k miles I'm guessing, since the Wix filter also has that range and it's cheaper I'd go with Wix.

I searched and it seems that both Wix/NAPA Gold and Mobil 1 are suggested filters. I currently use Mobil1 5w-30 in my 08 Silverado with a Mobil1 filter, but I am thinking about going to a Wix at my next oil change. I'm not sure if it really matters between the two filters, but is one filter better than the othe when running Mobil1 oil? Should I stick with the Mobil1 or go with the Wix? Are their filter capabilities equal? The Wix is quite a bit cheaper than the Mobil1 and if it filters just as good or better, then I'm gonna go with that one.

Thanks guys.

the answer to your question is determined by how many miles you drive between drains

Thanks guys.

the answer to your question is determined by how many miles you drive between drains

here is some good information for you about the Mobil 1 Filters and if you should be using them Link here

in the interest of disclosure, I work for a Mobil Distributor and I run my truck up to 10.000 miles on 5W30 Mobil 1 and I do use the Mobil 1 filters.

I have seen cut aways in training and I am convinced

on the other hand if you are only going 5-7 thousand or so, you might consider a standard filter.

Just stay away from store house brands. We are seeing some of these imported from Asia and the quality is horrible

I'm using M1 and go about 7,000 miles between changes. So if I used M1, then I should go with the Wix. But, if I go with the M1 Extended Performance, should I stick with the M1 filter or still go with the Wix?

Also, if I start using the Extended Performance, how long can I go between changes?

I'm using M1 and go about 7,000 miles between changes. So if I used M1, then I should go with the Wix. But, if I go with the M1 Extended Performance, should I stick with the M1 filter or still go with the Wix?

Also, if I start using the Extended Performance, how long can I go between changes?

Mobil 1 EP is engineered for 15,000 mile drains. read here for details

If you want to run around 7000 miles and still us Mobil 1, I don't think you need to spend the money for the M1 Filter..

Archived