Power Folding Mirrors Help! Part# 15124827

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 texjake

texjake

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Can anyone clarify that all Power folding mirrors part# 15124827 & 15124828 has the puddle lights? Did some of them NOT have the puddle light? Thanks!

#2 2007VictoryRed

2007VictoryRed

Enthusiast

• 361 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror - Black
W/signal Left - Power, 2003-07 2007

Front door - Outside mirrors - Mirror assy - W/signal
W/signal Right - Power 2005 - 2006

Dont Think They Are
Posted Image

Matthew

2007 Silverado, Reg cab, LT1, Victory Red, 5.3, 3.73 Rear end Locking, On Star, Xm, 6 Disc CD Changer, Power folding/Signal Mirriors, 17'' Aluminum Rims, Heavy dudy Transmission, Locking Spare tire, Heavy Duty Trailing, Chrome Exterior Packge, Fog Lamps. Silverado Classic.
Mods- Top Deck, Bed Rug, Bilstein Shocks, Corsa Sport Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Amsoil Oil, BFGoodrich All Terrian T/A's,Viper Alarm 5901, Hid Lights 6000k, Center Console.

Member Of The Red Truck Club

#3 2007VictoryRed

2007VictoryRed

Enthusiast

• 361 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

I have Signals/Power folding mirriors and they do not have Puddle lamps.
Posted Image

Matthew

2007 Silverado, Reg cab, LT1, Victory Red, 5.3, 3.73 Rear end Locking, On Star, Xm, 6 Disc CD Changer, Power folding/Signal Mirriors, 17'' Aluminum Rims, Heavy dudy Transmission, Locking Spare tire, Heavy Duty Trailing, Chrome Exterior Packge, Fog Lamps. Silverado Classic.
Mods- Top Deck, Bed Rug, Bilstein Shocks, Corsa Sport Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Amsoil Oil, BFGoodrich All Terrian T/A's,Viper Alarm 5901, Hid Lights 6000k, Center Console.

Member Of The Red Truck Club

#4 Z71_Silvy

Z71_Silvy

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

X2...I also have the auto dimming outside drivers mirror as well.

Did they ever make a power folding/auto-dimming/signal/puddle lamp mirror?? I could go for that...
Posted Image
-2006 LT3 CC Silverado, 5.3 V8, 3.42 gears, 6000K HIDs, Corvette Servo, Escalade Platinum Cluster, Lux Amp, Tinted Front Windows, Body Color Door Handles, 35K 'Slap-Free' Miles, $3.00 AUX input, and attacked by a BlackBear.

#5 VMax626

VMax626

Vortec Max Owner

• 1,173 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:49 AM

Did they ever make a power folding/auto-dimming/signal/puddle lamp mirror?? I could go for that...

Yeah, they made the mirrors like that but they came on the Escalades, Tahoes & Suburbans.
Posted Image

2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Vortec Max 6.0l L76 with Hydra-Matic 4L70E 4 Speed Auto With Overdrive
Mods: Black Bear Performance Tune, Debadged Except For V-Max Emblem, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, AEM Cold Air Intake, 2 Belltech Drop Shackles & Removed Rear Lift Blocks, SilverStar Low Beam Bulbs, TS Shift Kit, Corvette Servo

#6 Z71_Silvy

Z71_Silvy

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, they made the mirrors like that but they came on the Escalades, Tahoes & Suburbans.

Probably lots of $$$ as well.
Posted Image
-2006 LT3 CC Silverado, 5.3 V8, 3.42 gears, 6000K HIDs, Corvette Servo, Escalade Platinum Cluster, Lux Amp, Tinted Front Windows, Body Color Door Handles, 35K 'Slap-Free' Miles, $3.00 AUX input, and attacked by a BlackBear.

#7 MS3DALE

MS3DALE

Don't call me,and I won't call you!

• Senior Moderator
  • 14,931 posts
  • Name:Rich
  • Drives:'07 Silverado Z71 '11 Camaro SS '02 Saturn SC2

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

The '03 trucks had available power folding/auto-dimming/signal mirrors w/puddle lamps,They deleted the puddle lamps for '04 on the trucks. (My buddies '03 has the lamps,my '04 didn't)

sig1alternate.png
'07 SILVERADO Z71 LT2 "VortecMAX" 6-Liter,"Super-Duty" Auto Trans,9 1/2" rear-end w/3.73 G80 Locker,XM,On-Star,BOSE speaker system,Stabilitrak,Block Heater,Sunroof,18" ARE "Cannon" Wheels w/LT275/65R18 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires.
Custom tune by Justin at Black Bear,CORSA "Sport" exhaust system,EXTANG "Full-Tilt" snapless tonneau cover,Rough Country 1.5" front leveling kit,Fabtech 1" rear lift blocks,EZ-Down tailgate damper.
GM accessories...Hood Deflector,Molded Mud-Flaps,Ventvisors,Catch-All Floor-Mats,Bedrail Protectors,BedRug Bedliner & Bedmat,and a GM Performance Parts cold-air intake.

2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS - LS3/M6 - Inferno Orange Met. - HURST short-throw - Roto-Fab CAI - Kook's LTs - CORSA exhaust - Black Bear tuned (playtoy!)
2012 CRUZE 1LT - Blue Topaz Met. - RS pkg.- Convenience pkg. (work car!)

My Garage

#8 texjake

texjake

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

The '03 trucks had available power folding/auto-dimming/signal mirrors w/puddle lamps,They deleted the puddle lamps for '04 on the trucks. (My buddies '03 has the lamps,my '04 didn't)

I just there was an easier way to research the GM part numbers. The part number I am researching #15124827 & 15124828 shows to have them, via my local GM parts house. But when I questioned an ebay seller, selling the 15124827 mirror he said it did not have the puddle lamp. Very odd! When I do a check of part numbers of different mirrors on www.gmparts.com it does not give you any details of the options of the mirrors. All I am looking for is the LH side DL3 option mirror for my 06' Silverado, I am doing the conversion for the power folding mirrors. I already have the RH side & it has the power folding, heated, turn signal & puddle lamp. And I have the power window/door switch that has the power folding toggle switch. I just hope this all goes well once I have all the parts to do this conversion. "What the heck have I got myself into?" lol

#9 Irv

Irv

Enthusiast

• 472 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Can anyone clarify that all Power folding mirrors part# 15124827 & 15124828 has the puddle lights? Did some of them NOT have the puddle light? Thanks!

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is a "puddle lamp" I had never heard of them before joining this site.
I take it they are a light on the underside of the mirror that shines down towards the ground? Any pics of them? Thanks.........

#10 Z71_Silvy

Z71_Silvy

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is a "puddle lamp" I had never heard of them before joining this site.
I take it they are a light on the underside of the mirror that shines down towards the ground? Any pics of them? Thanks.........

It is a small light on the underside of the mirror that shines down to the ground. The idea being that if you are dressed to the 9, it will help you see a puddle.
Posted Image

#11 texjake

texjake

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Puddle Lamp pic;

Attached Files

• Attached File  11.jpg   34.36KB   23 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users