2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

I also just noticed that my passenger door is working much worse than I thought. It does not lock when I press lock on the remote...but then it locks when I press unlock. Anyone ever see their actuators work the opposite like mine?

I was thinking maybe I hit a wire when tapping through the firewall but I just checked EVERYTHING in, out, and behind every possible nook and cranny in that area, and I know I didn't hit any wires when putting in my Air Lift air bag & compressor system. All I did was probe with my test light, like I said. Once I realized I couldn't tap into the interior fuse box, I went under the hood to find something connected to the ignition. I checked all my fuses and wires there, too, and I don't see any damage that I could've caused. It wasn't that difficult of an install.

The drivers door doesn't work at all now.

My driver's side actuator just started acting up on my 2008.. taking it in tomorrow. Has anyone had any experience with failures of the replaced actuators? I'm wondering if they're replacing them with the exact same OEM actuators or if a different supplier is producing them.

• 5 months later...

2008 Suburban. Had both driver side door lock actuators replaced last summer at 10K and 14K miles. The first they had the part, the second they had to order it. The second one had a different newer part #. Maybe they updated the part. I think it's the same for both doors.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but this seems to be such a common problem that maybe we can get some more information in here to help other people out. I have a 08 Sierra Denali and both of the actuators on the drivers side are out. Can someone please tell me what the part numbers are for these two power door lock actuators? It's kind of ridiculous that there is such a problem with these. My truck has 46,000 on it so they aren't under warranty anymore. Thanks for the help.

My passenger side door on my EC quit working last weekend. Don't have time to take it in for warranty yet but it's a PIA not working. I can see why they fail as they lock and unlock all the time unnecessarily. I wish you could disable the auto door lock thru the DIC.

Jason,

I've replaced both driver side door locks on my 08 SD... if i remember after work tomorrow i'll post up the part numbers for ya.

Ryan,

I'm pretty sure I can turn off the auto-door locks via my DIC.....

Even so, these actuators should have a cycle rate of 10,000+. They're not very complicated parts... i bet they either got a few bad batches from a supplier or just got a lot of crap from the lowest bidder.

08 Silverado Crew Passenger side rear door dead, glad you guys pulled this thread back up, good to know its not just a problem im having alone. Which is also bad to know at the same time that this is a consistent problem with the gmt900's it seems.

I have a 2007 crew cab with something strange going on as well...when i hit unlock on the key fob once the parking lights blink once but no unlock, twice will unlock the rest of the doors...so i manually unlock, get it, hit the lock and unlock and everything seems fine.

i get home, lock and unlock with the key fob and everything works. seems like it only fails after sitting for a bit?

Any thoughts??

I have a 2007 crew cab with something strange going on as well...when i hit unlock on the key fob once the parking lights blink once but no unlock, twice will unlock the rest of the doors...so i manually unlock, get it, hit the lock and unlock and everything seems fine.

i get home, lock and unlock with the key fob and everything works. seems like it only fails after sitting for a bit?

Any thoughts??

The malfunction seems to be intermittent. Mine would do the same thing at first, then they finally quit. I have a Viper alarm installed, and they programmed to open all doors each time. I'm going to leave it like that and see what happens with the actuators. If they do not fail, there may be a link between lack of use, and failure rate. Just a thought, and I know that correlation does not mean causation, but this is a good observation to have.

Edited by TexasAl