Help Lowering My 2008 Silverado

OK I have a 2008 Silverado I don't know much about lowering trucks, and i'm on a budget. I found the one i want in a truckin magazine, its from sport truck direct. cost of the kit is only $199, and it comes with front springs and a flip kit. i called them to see how much it would lower my truck and they said its a 3 5 kit. what i want to know is I have Boss 24'' with 305 35 24 tires so will this fit without rubbing? Also want to know about a flip kit, are these a problem i mean do i have to worry about my rear end falling off or any other problems?

A 3/5 drop on your truck w/ those size tires shouldn't rub. I have a 4/6 drop and barely rubs. Make sure you spend some time investigating the drops kits. For the front, drop spindles and springs are the best setup (IMO). Won't have any problems with alignment and as far as the rear goes, there are soo many different ways to achieve a 5" drop. Some guys go with leaf springs and some use hangers and flipkits. You might want to go to performancetrucks.net and check it out. Seems like more guys are dropping trucks there.

Archived