08 5.3 Banks Monster Exhaust

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BSchmity69

BSchmity69

Enthusiast

• 42 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Anyone got it? Just wondering how it sounds compared to corsa. its queit a bit cheaper and i like the look better. if someone has a good clip that would be awesome. thanx. adam

#2 NWI_#73

NWI_#73

Enthusiast

• 217 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

bump this dead thread up. I am in the same boat.

#3 Nytemare

Nytemare

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,417 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

You can listen to all the sound clips you want...Unless you have a THX system hooked up to your computer and the guy recording it used some very expensive recording equipment...it will just sound like shit.

I have heard them in person on diesels and gas engines...They sound decant.
MBRP is a very nice exhaust system...and comparable in price....These sound very nice.
Actually, on jegs they're cheaper...445 for MBRP and 470 for banks
Those are single outs BTW
Posted Image

so you expected something that weights 5000 pounds and has aerodynamics of a piano to get what?

2003 Silverado XCSB, 4.8L, Flowmaster super44 SI/DO, G80 3.42, MSD Wires, K&N drop-in filter, Yellow Top Battery, Royal Purple in entire Drivetrain, W4M tune....My DD..............................SOLD
2010 Silverado XCSB 5.3L Z71 Summit White, Diablo Trinity tuned....more to come soon.
2010 Cobalt 2.2L LT 2Dr. Victory Red....gas saver/wife's Car.......SOLD
2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo 1LT Crystal Red ...Again, Wifes car and gas saver
1978 LJ80, 16V 1600cc on 31's, Spring over lift, awaiting Full Frame off build...The Toy

#4 NWI_#73

NWI_#73

Enthusiast

• 217 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

You can listen to all the sound clips you want...Unless you have a THX system hooked up to your computer and the guy recording it used some very expensive recording equipment...it will just sound like shit.

MBRP is a very nice exhaust system...and comparable in price....These sound very nice.

I agree...sound clips are worthless IMO. How does the banks sound on a 5.3 versus the stock exhaust. How's it sound at idle and at accel? What is the drone like inside the cab and what does it sound like when AFM is engaged?

#5 Nytemare

Nytemare

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,417 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

I agree...sound clips are worthless IMO. How does the banks sound on a 5.3 versus the stock exhaust. How's it sound at idle and at accel? What is the drone like inside the cab and what does it sound like when AFM is engaged?

Its loud man....Deep and Throathy...not as loud as my Flowmaster 44...but still loud.
Drone....for sure
AFM I have never heard...I heard it on a 6.0 and a 5.3...both engines were before AFM...not that the 6.0 has it at all...but they were 05's...but From what I have heard guys saying on here...Corsa is pretty much the only thing that sounds good with AFM

Both the ones I have mentioned will be very comparable exhausts...

If you want a nice sound and no AFM putter than you either spend the bucks for Corsa or get the cheaper exhausts and the 4 or 500 you save and get a custom tune or a hand held to get rid of AFM...bonus is that the tune/hand held gives you MPG and power increase too.
Posted Image

so you expected something that weights 5000 pounds and has aerodynamics of a piano to get what?

2003 Silverado XCSB, 4.8L, Flowmaster super44 SI/DO, G80 3.42, MSD Wires, K&N drop-in filter, Yellow Top Battery, Royal Purple in entire Drivetrain, W4M tune....My DD..............................SOLD
2010 Silverado XCSB 5.3L Z71 Summit White, Diablo Trinity tuned....more to come soon.
2010 Cobalt 2.2L LT 2Dr. Victory Red....gas saver/wife's Car.......SOLD
2011 Cruze 1.4L Turbo 1LT Crystal Red ...Again, Wifes car and gas saver
1978 LJ80, 16V 1600cc on 31's, Spring over lift, awaiting Full Frame off build...The Toy

#6 NWI_#73

NWI_#73

Enthusiast

• 217 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

anybody else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here