2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Ok...so I have read post http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...04&hl=P0449 at least twice now. I think just about every one that has pitched in has a C/K truck. I have a 2007 Avalanche that has the P0449 code. I looked underneath to try and find the evap vent solenoid but couldn't. Can someone tell me where this is located on an Avalanche? Also, the part number listed in the previous posting, 19152349, appears to have been replaced by part number 19207763. Is this correct? Does anyone know if this is the correct part number for my vehicle?

Thanks for your help!

Alternatively...

Does someone have a Helm's manual or access to a GM Service Manual to look in for me?

I got under it again today and can't find it.

Thanks!

Just for future reference, the evap vent solenoid on the '07+ Avalanche is located under the spare tire. The spare tire must be lowered out of the way in order to access the evap vent solenoid. Then there is an electrical connector and a vent line quick connector to be disconnected at the vent solenoid itself and another quick connector at the end of a hose line. The GM part number for the evap vent solenoid is 25962086 and can be obtained from your local parts department for between $35 and $40. No re-routing of a filter is required for this model year.

So far, so good. I installed the new solenoid, reset the check engine light and so far no code.

Thanks for posting this info for us. I have a 2007 Avalanche too and it is a great truck , just love it . I never over fill the fuel tank I just let the gas pump run slow and shut off and thats it. The fuel in an underground tank at the service station is at a temp of about 10 celsius and when the fuel is pumped into your tank it will expand on a hot day as much as 10% an be forced up to the EVS and cause this problem.

• 1 year later...
Ok...so I have read post http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...04&hl=P0449 at least twice now. I think just about every one that has pitched in has a C/K truck. I have a 2007 Avalanche that has the P0449 code. I looked underneath to try and find the evap vent solenoid but couldn't. Can someone tell me where this is located on an Avalanche? Also, the part number listed in the previous posting, 19152349, appears to have been replaced by part number 19207763. Is this correct? Does anyone know if this is the correct part number for my vehicle?

Thanks for your help!

Just replaced my EVAP, the cost from the dealership was $60 for the part and you have to purchase a $40 dollar wiring harness. The disign has changed a little, with a new hose clips, also you have to install a new hanger and remove the old one. Reset the check engine light and it haven't come back on. TG!

Archived