It's not that the gutters tuck in the weather strip and cause auto reverse, it's wanting 1/2" down without typing morse code on the buttons.
Years ago I saw a link to the actual procedure from GM. I don't have a paper copy so I'm going from memory but it goes something like this:
1) Roll the window partway down.
2) Roll the window all the way up. As you reach the top hold the up button for 5-7 seconds.
3) Roll the window all the way down. As you reach the bottom hold the down button for 5-7 seconds.
4) Roll the window all the way up. As you reach the top hold the up button for 10-15 seconds.
5) Let the truck sit in the sun for 24-48 hours with the windows closed (this lets the visors get soft and mold to the space between the channel and the window).
I did this to mine and have not had any auto-reverse issues.
HoginedgewoodMember Since 01 Feb 2017
Offline Last Active Jun 04 2017 06:28 AM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 87
- Profile Views 800
- Member Title Enthusiast
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday May 3
17 Silverado 5.3 2wd Custom