The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe, along with the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, are getting a big software update to fix a long list of potential issues.
Technical Service Bulletin: #21-NA-044
TSB #21-NA-044 Applies To:
- 2021 Chevrolet Suburban / Tahoe
- 2021 GMC Yukon / Yukon XL
Some owners of 2021 Chevrolet and GMC full-size SUVs (FSSUV) may have experienced software bugs that affect the vehicle and its performance or function.
Some of the messages owners may notice or trouble codes technicians may find set are as follows but are not limited to these examples:
- U0132 Service Leveling or Service Headlamp
- IPC- Intermittent Blank IPC
- P2B87 AUX Water Pump
- U0230 Power Liftgate Inoperative
- U3006 and U3007 Low Voltage
- Rear Seat Infotainment – Touch inoperative
- U3000.49 Service Driver Assist – LRR
- U3000.71, .72, .96Service Steering Column Lock ESCL
- EBCM C0024 Antilock Brake System
- P12A6 No Start – ECM
- No Start/DIC/MIL – Low Battery Voltage
- No Backup or 360 Cameras – VPM Offline
- C2A21 Park Brake, EPB Light and “Service Transmission” after Low Voltage
- No Start or MIL with U1962 Data Communications
- Service Leveling System – No DTCs
TSB #21-NA-044 Fix Procedure
If you feel your 2021 Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon has some bugs, or has acted strangely, it’s possible this software update may fix those problems. There are no VIN or production date restrictions on which vehicles need the update, so dealers can update any and all Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon vehicles as they deem fit.
You must bring your vehicle to a dealer for this software update. It cannot be done “Over The Air” (OTA). This software update will also be covered under warranty and you should ask for a courtesy vehicle if possible.
GM-Trucks.com highly recommends ALL 2021 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe and GMC Yukon owners take their vehicle to a dealer for this update.