Chevrolet has been leaking small details about the new (2016) Volt for the last month but this is the first time we've seen a completely undisguised photograph of the vehicle. This photo was posted to Facebook by a GM employee late last night.
What we know about the second generation Volt so far:
- All new Voltec extended range system
- Increased electric range
- New battery pack is 30-lbs lighter and increases capacity by 20% by volume
- Two motor drive unit operates 5-12 percent more efficiently and weighs 100-lbs less
- All new 1.5L gasoline engine will act as range extender
- New charging system will use electric rates and GPS to determine location for best charging time and settings to use
- New charging status indicator will allow for quick reference without entering vehicle
- New charging cord is 25ft longer for increased access
Look for more details and photos of the new Volt to surface soon!