Articles

Articles

Articles

Buick Cascada Prices Will Get Attention

Gorehamj
  • John Goreham
    Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
    9/24/2015
    As an auto enthusiast who reads pretty much every automotive publication, one of my biggest pet-peeves is that the magazines hate to compare "premium" brands with the "lesser" brands. Based on my own testing, and from a careful look at quality surveys from a variety of sources, what used to be called a luxury brand is no longer the case. That is why I loved the infographic GM created for the 2016 Cascada convertible comparing it to the Audi A3 cabriolet.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2015/ccs-137145-0-84493100-1443115975.jpg

ccs-137145-0-84493100-1443115975_thumb.jpg
European brands reviewed by fan-boy writers often emphasize a "Base-price" but then they actually test a far more expensive version of the vehicle. Heated seats, backup cameras and nav systems on many European brand's cars come bundled with so much other content that "base price" is meaningless.

The Cascada may or may not be a vehicle that lights your fire. Of course we'd all like a convertible Camaro 2SS, but that car is in another price category. Setting aside our own model preferences for a moment, isn't always refreshing when GM goes head to head with the Euro brands and shows them up? The Corvette, Camaro, and SS have done that with the performance vehicles from the continent. Now GM is taking on the bulk of the sales from these companies. Bravo.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.