All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I swapped out my cloth seat covers for leather seat covers myself in my 2020 silverado LT. My neighbor owned a truck accessories shop so he sold me a leather kit without having to get install by him which most I think make you use them to install. I got a roadwire kit which have been good kits in my last two trucks. I have heated seats and they still work after swapping out to leather. It wasnt very fun doing the install, I had a work truck that I could drive anywhere so I didnt have to rush to get the truck done in a day or anything. What I would do different would be to cut my cloth out instead of trying to salvage it because in the end it caused a lot of extra work and Id probably say the install was easy if I had done that. I ended up selling the cloth out of the truck for about $100 a year or so later so it wasnt really worth taking time to get that out. The other part that was a paint was the flip up console/center seat in the front. So if you have bucket seats this job will probably be even easier.
  3. My sg3 has had that no boot before too. Rarely but it has happened. I just quickly unplug the cord from the back of the sg and immediately plug back in and it’s all good. Still annoying. Never once happened to my other two sg models. Let me know what you hear.
  4. Katzkin. You can order custom configurations too. We've had plenty installed at work, they are nice leather. IMO better feel than the factory stuff too. They just take the seats out, pull the stock cloth covers off and install the new Katzkin. Here's the Silverado gallery for some examples - Chevrolet Archives - Katzkin
  5. I just got back from and extended trip covering 4000 miles with about 3000 of that towing my fifth wheel. I scaled the truck the first day out with the trailer loaded for our typical trip. We have a Reflection 337RLS that has a Splendide washer in the front closet. This model is a little pin heavy to begin with and the washer just adds to it. I did not get a split weight since I already know its heavy and I bought the 3500 because of that. I am solidly within my load limit even with all the stuff in the bed. This setup likely would overweigh a 2500. In the bed I had my 4500w inverter gen, a 20lb spare propane cylinder, a 6 ft fiberglass ladder a 6 gallon spare gasoline tank with a pump, 2 crates of red oak firewood and a couple cases of drinking water. All told the trailer and cargo come out to 13,000 over the unladen truck weight. I also had 2 bikes on the back of the trailer but they are light aluminum frame pedal bikes, rack and bikes are less than 100#. The trailer is a mid profile 35 footer. Having set all that up here is my impression of the new truck with the 10 speed versus my previous 2021 with the 6 speed. First off the 10 speed is an improvement, not light years ahead, but an improvement none the less. I had no issue with the 6 speed in my 2021. I did lock 6th gear out when towing though. It had a habit of flaring when shifting back from 6 to 5 and I was worried about the long term effects of that. Had I kept it my plan was to replace the torque converter and install a shift kit since the TC is a weak link in the vast majority of the GM transmissions. When towing I put the truck in "L" and moved the selected gear to "8" which locked out 9th and 10th. I typically run around 65 MPH and this kept me around 2100 RPM which experience has found is where this engine likes to live when towing. I would like to see some sort of retained memory when using the "L" selection. It becomes tedious when every time you get back in the truck you have to reselect the gear. It would seem that GM could retain that info when connected to a trailer but at this point mine doesnt. A small thing but when towing a lot it becomes a small annoyance. After all the 4000 miles of driving using the trucks fuel economy monitors and well as the ones on my Scangage I came to the conclusion that 8th gear was best suited for this load. I did try using 9th gear a few times which put the truck in the 1700 RPM range but it made no improvement to the mileage either instant or longer term. I even went so far to allow the 9th gear upshift on the longer downgrades and didn't see any advantage. It did raise the trans temp 2 degrees with the additional shifting when selecting 9th. My trans temps were around 145-160 consistently no matter the terrain. The only time I saw 180 was in Florida during an I-4 stop and go session that lasted about an hour. It would seem the trans cooler on this truck is solid. I would not tow heavy with this truck without a Scangage. I played with the display several times and have the 3 screens setup for similar base gages with a few varied between screens. I did have an issue with the Scangage not booting up occasionally and I contacted them. When I first got it in December I downloaded the latest program on WIFI but by the time I contacted them in March they had a new update that supposedly corrected this. I did however have an issue yesterday with it not booting up after a remote start sequence. I plan to contact them with that info and will follow up. My mileage averaged about 8.25 to 8.5 with a couple of stretches of sub 8 and a couple of 9.25-9.5 This setup is very sensitive to head winds and the gasser lacking the diesels torque is most evident when windy. Its not bad but the mileage suffers. Going through Ohio yesterday was pretty windy and depending on the direction brought down my mpg to a little over 8. Once you get North of Dayton its pretty flat and with low or no wind the truck is capable of 9mpg but that rarely happens in Ohio in the spring. I do have plans for an exhaust mod but I haven't decided between the 3 1/2" Borla muffler or the MBRP kit. The Borla is almost a direct fit with the stock muffler cut out and 2 band clamps but I like the MBRP sound. The price difference is substantial but I dont want to drop $300 on the Borla and then find its too loud. Stay tunes for that one. Overall I am still please with the setup and economy of the gas engine, consider the price of DEF along with the added cost of diesel it doesn't come close to covering the price split. Its hard to argue with the diesel torque though. If I felt the reliability of the Dmax and the DEF weren't an issue I would probably own one but in today world it doesn't add up for me, although I do have a feeler out for info on when the 8.3 comes online. LOL Hopefully you found this rant useful. Scott
  6. Maybe add 60 pound sand bags in the bed for weight, very common in VT. My truck has over 450 pounds in the bed (ARE and stuff). My truck weighed 8680 pounds, a little over 1000 pounds over curb weight, when I went to a Cat Scale. I don't need to add any weight for winter!
  7. Today
  8. I just got back from an extended trip. 4000 total miles with almost 3000 of that including 13,000 lbs of trailer and gear. The disptick still shows full and the oil is visually (not that it means much) not very dirty at about 40% oil life. the truck now has 5000 miles on it with the first oil change at around 600 miles. My 2021 was similar pulling the same load and trailer but with the 6 spd.
  9. my 2020, 2022 and 2023 all have the growl.....its normal on HD trucks
  10. no roof marker lights on mine as well, manage to purchase 3 of these trucks and not one of em had them......am sure they are more popular in the midwest or south much moreso than out west
  11. have bought several trucks out of state......4 in the last few years, warranty is the same regardless of where you buy and frankly in my experience they can give 2 ****** where you purchased from......service work is service work and big moneymaker for any dealer some dealers only trade with certain ones so it would have to be in their " network" so to speak....at least here on west coast anyway i would have no issue driving the 4hrs to get the truck personally
  12. Going with Rancho RS7MT (linear piston) They also have a 15% off right now. Similar to Blistein 5100 (digressive piston) but a little softer. Either mono tube will be better than the stock AT4 Rancho twin tube. If I run across any DSSV takes offs at a deal, I would love to try them.
  13. Going with Rancho RS7MT (linear piston) They also have a 15% off right now. Similar to Blistein 5100 (digressive piston) but a little softer. Either mono tube will be better than the stock AT4 Rancho twin tube. But all depends on what your usage is…
  14. I think it’s interesting but I think if you toss one on a port injected engine you will also get liquid in the can.
  15. Dealer trades happen all the time. The problem is that if someone (you) show interest in a truck, the dealer is unlikely to trade it.
  16. The truck has the oem puck hitch. My b&w ball will spin in the hole. Nothing keeps it from spinning when locked in, just a detent ball that keeps it from lifting out. I would like to load the bed with weight during the winter months and don't want a heavy unsecured load. I would insert 4 eye hooks buried in the concrete to lift with shop crane. I just don't "see" what keeps the conversion from turning. Is there something from the conversion rails that slip into the puck holes? If it's just a large shaft that falls into the ball hole and nothing is inserted into the puck holes where the safety chains normally hook, I'll just continue with my own design. I was hoping there was something like the GEN-Y's goosepuck uses...
  17. Sorry to revive an old thread, but what ended up being the issue? My 2016 with e-assist is doing the exact same thing and the dealer hasn't been able to figure it out for 2 months now.
  18. Might as well wake this up......... ... Quite the discussion. ... 2024 6.6 gasser, first oil change at 5,200. I deiced to skip the first free one as i didnt want them touching the pickup. ... We all have our thoughts. I am NOT trying to push my thoughts or sell a product. I have found what i like and works for me and my reasons. ... I have used reusable oil filters on 3 different Harley Davidsons, actually the same filter on the 3 and a drop in reusable on a Kawasaki KLR 650. Motorcycles. ... The HUBB is my second use on a vehicle i have used one on. The second being this new pickup. ... This isnt being posted for argument or negative debate, just to show the world of oil filters is not flat, and venturing out of it one wont fall off the world.
  19. Found a Chevy RST that I liked but it had cloth seats and wanted leather. There are a few aftermarket shops that offer leather that the dealer worked with to change out and wasn't too bad. -grover67
  20. I have a 2020 Chevrolet 2500HD, my tail lights & side marker light doesn't work. But everything else works R&L turn signals, brakes lights & brake all work. I have no power on #4 on either plug. The one in the bed is the same as the bumper, no power on #4 tail lights & markers. The is fuse (#41) is good, also put anew in still nothing. Any suggestions?
  21. Mine which is on my 2016 is also a 6L80 and just failed at 96,000 miles. And if you search through this forum, you will find many other 6L80 failures as well. According to what I have found, GM is aware of the problem and just chooses to ignore it. Surprisingly, mine gave no warning that it was failing. Although I tend to have the tunes on all the time while driving so maybe I just didn't hear it. I do recall the rpms jump a little on a few occasions but nothing that seemed out of place. Many have said that the torque converters on these are a poor design and a disaster waiting to happen. If you catch it soon enough before the torque converter fails, you can probably save the transmission. when it fails, it sheds all kinds of metallic shavings into the transmission and then you have no choice but to rebuild it replace it. You can tell if this is happening by dropping the transmission pan and seeing if there are any metal shavings in there. If you're lucky, you won't find any and then think about replacing torque converter with a quality aftermarket one. Some have suggested getting a billet one. Just wanted to add, my 2016 is still covered by the GM Protection Plan. It saved the day a couple weeks ago when my trans failed and they covered the replacement. Because of this, I have only done mild mods to mine. But I was warned that if during inspection if I had oversized tires (mine are just 275/60R20 instead of 275/55R20 so a slight oversize) and/or lift kit, they would have voided my plan and denied the approval to fix. I was told that oversized tires and lift kits put too much strain on the drive train. I'm guessing though that you have no warranty coverage so repairs are on you. But with you re-gearing I will bet that helps some...
  22. I have done this on a previous generation GMC. It was a full day job. The factory heated seats will not be a problem. The manufacturer will usually steer you to right fit by year, make, model, body and trim level.
  23. Yesterday
  24. A GM dealer is a GM dealer, they will do the service work no matter what. They don't care where the vehicle was bought when it come to service work or warranty work, so long as it is still under warranty. Around here it's unlikely that a dealer will move cars between them. Maybe if it's owned by the same owner but still unlikely.
  25. Not unusual for a dealer to make a trade with another dealer to get the vehicle you want. Ask your local dealer if they are willing to do it.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.