All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. mine does same thing with parking brake, I believe all of the T1 I've had have......brake doesnt release until in gear and give it a lil gas 3 HD and 3 1500s since 2019
  3. bingo, there is logic and then there are humans.........we can complicate the crap out of anything and justify why we do it it is only after the final decision that the truth reveals itself (to the individual)......and then we do it all over again, lol most have already made up their mind before asking the question
  4. Today
  5. The KR63R and KR63L are integrated onto the circuit board of the main fuse block. Gm says they are not servicable but I've seen it done on YouTube. To fix the trailer turn signal lights and brake lights, it will need replaced or repaired. Check out this YouTube repair for the winsheild wipers relay.
  6. Looks good with the tow and chrome handles. I like chrome..
  7. Let me add another factor to my equation here. I'm pulling the rip cord and retiring in a few years. I don't want a truck payment when I do that. So if my current truck that I absolutely love, will not do the job I need it to do. I need to make a decision fairly quickly....see where I'm coming from now? And on ramps to the interstates. For whatever reason if you stop at a rest area most on ramps are uphill here in GA. So my foot is to the floor trying to get up to 60 to merge safely with traffic. That is a struggle with my truck only towing 8k. I'm thinking towing 15k trying to merge will be a disaster...
  8. Another reason to hold off a while before any truck upgrade is to make sure you really are going to stick with towing that giant trailer. You might decide it’s bigger than you want to deal with for one reason or another.
  9. Wow, lots of great info! Checked a bit more into this and didn't find any issues with running a factory 20-22" wheel with this conversion. Ordered most parts today including the skid plate. Current plate sits right up against the diff so needs more space, just as you mentioned. Front sits right at 41" w/35x12.50-on stock 20's which are actually 34.5" and keys are cranked up a good ways at this point. Any indication of what dealers make of this conversion when it comes time for warranty work? -Rob
  10. I think I have one better went to pick up a UnderCover Elite LX One-Piece Truck Bed Tonneau Cover (off a Silverado) it cost over 2k shipped got it for free with all the hardware and one key, only thing that sucks is the Silverado and Sierra beds are different so It actually doesn’t fit properly so im selling it gotta guy coming to pick up for 700$ tomorrow. The Silverado bed curve in more about the taillights then the Sierra so it freaking scratched my bed alil nothing major
  11. I just started dealing with issue yesterday April 23rd. Not sure what they’re going to do but I was given the same answers you were given. This can’t be the way gm will handle this problem.
  12. So I got my 2016 WT 2wd and lowered it. It's on McGaughy's #34170 lowering kit. I set it up to be a 4/6 drop. Well sure enough the front is super low in comparison to the rear. It definitely had a huge rake going on. I've double checked and triple checked that everything in the rear was installed correctly and it is. The rear definitely sits lower that what it was originally. Prior to the lowering kit it did sit unusually high from what I could tell. I raised the front to be more level with the rear for the time being so it is sitting at a 2 1/2 drop on the front. It could probably go even a bit higher to be more level. I guess my question here is were there were different options for leaf springs on these? Is there a way I can check if so?
  13. Has anybody installed L track rails? Looking for some sort of cargo management and L Track looks like it is low profile, seems to be pretty strong, looks versatile, and doesn't appear to be very expensive. Just wondering if anybody else has tried it and, if so, how do you like it?
  14. Thank you Epsilon Plus ! We are really leaning towards the Slate Grey Metallic
  15. Not much drive time lately, but I've done a few things. Tow mirrors and door handles. Took it off the road in and got a couple pics, hope to have more later with the handles. Still need to wire the lights on the mirrors. They are switchbacks, so white driving then amber turn signal. Anyone know if gm made our trucks that have power fold without the keypad above the handle on the drivers side door? Thoughts on the chrome handles?
  16. Was the jumper seat or 3rd seat an option on this model. Id like to add a third seat or jumper seat for when we need an extra guy. I can’t find anything anywhere just after market solutions Thanks to all who respond! Mike
  17. 3500lbs. We are within all specs, my biggest concern towing that much weight is will I have my foot to the floor most of the time or will it do just fine. I'm not a speeder when towing either 60 to 65max is good enough for me.
  18. Metallic will create an optical illusion of sorts for the eye as far as scratches or imperfections. Your eye is so busy picking up all the glitter in it that a hairline scratch or scrape in the clearcoat doesn't stand out as much nor does general coat of dust, especially on silver. I do not buy cars without metallic in them for that reason. Also, expect all GM paint to be egg shelled. It's not laid on by a hotrod lover and then wet sanded. Everything from a Corvette Z06 to a Spark has that classic GM eggshell finish. It holds up as good as any other modern water based finish does. Get what color you like.
  19. just wanted to give an update on my 21 at4 that has the 6.2 liter im writing the review while fresh on my mind one bank of lifter went out and were replaced at 9,000 miles and now yesterday lifters went down again at 99,000 miles i’m in a loaner from dealer I bought it from will be interesting to see if they were the replacement lifters or the original factory lifters stay tuned for more details
  20. I have a 24 2500 hd 6.6 gas and 10 speed allison . I haul more then 15000 with it . Handles 10 000 to 15 000 nice on the highway . I over loaded it few times towing 20 000 and 22 000 pounds . These trucks are built well . I have no experience with the 6l90e that your truck has hopefully someone else can chime in . I know 10 speed trucks handle weight at highway speeds very well
  21. Yesterday
  22. Yes, I know you have to be on a "Mapped Road", the road I tested it on after the dealership had installed the new mapping module is "for sure" a mapped road. I have driven on it before when the super cruise was working correctly and had no problem. Now after the dealer installed the new module it works sometime and then it doesn't. You may be on the same road going one direction and it works and then you turn around and go on the same road the other direction and it does not work. I am wits end.....Thanks anyway.
  23. No idea, but I can imagine GM probably only designed one BCM and ELM for their trucks. If you look up above your left foot and see two modules then its a safe bet.
  24. Do you see the white steering wheel on the dash? You have to be on a mapped road. The wheel will light up when you're on one.
  25. Are you saying that just recently it started this and for the first, say, 50,000 miles it was fine?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.