All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Having the check engine light flash from time to time is normal for these trucks. Happens on mine once or twice a month, no big deal. HOWEVER, I have absolutely no weird noises, rough idle, or exhaust weirdness of any kind...there is absolutely no other indicator of any kind of issue. So if all you are seeing now is an indicator light, you have nothing to worry about. But if there's still noise or roughness or some other indication of an issue then yeah that's definitely a problem. This "normal" is new to me too, but it's the reality that politics has forced on us.
  3. Yes I read it. But I focused on the MHS said it was a column shifter which I don’t have. So I agree it must be MHS. Thanks getgone for your exceptional reading skills…Quite the attitude there.
  4. THANK YOU! This is the answer I've needed for the White door open light on my 2023 LT, now if i could just remember which wires for parking and turn signal in the BCM (I have it written down somewhere lol)
  5. Today
  6. If that doesn't work, you need to do a little surgery on your own but software upgrade would be easier.
  7. There is a software upgrade TSB 17-NA-269. Check with your dealer about having it done.
  8. Back up camera on 2018 GMC Sierra denali.Ultimate way too bright
  9. Maybe if you baby it, probably a blown head gasket. Have you checked the plugs yet?
  10. Learn the value and benefits of real estate investment jobs in achieving your financial objectives. Find out why a lot of investors include this aspect in their investing portfolios.
  11. I have read all the comments here about the pros and cons of a catch can. I never planned to do anything other than fuel induction servicing at about 60k miles. It wasn't until last week when the truck gave an "add engine oil" warning that I got serious about my amount of unknown oil consumption. It was then that I learned I'm burning a quart in 1500 miles. Then this week it ran horribly and set a rough idle and random multiple misfire code. Serviced the throttle body and did an old school fuel induction IV treatment on it and the engine went back to like new idling. I tow every day so if I can catch any of the quart of oil I'm losing then that's a bonus to me. If I can't stop the oil loss at least I can save some of it from the intake valves. Just my .02 cents!! Can installed on driver side today.
  12. Not really a big job: Drain trans oil. Remove transmission pan. Unplug the electronics. Remove filter. Remove and replace valve body. BUT I have no idea how the current Allison is put together. I just did some web searchin and found very little info. Anyone else on this forum have any information?….
  13. In the aquarium industry, some companies use green, and even black, tubing to try to minimize algae from growing inside tubing. Perhaps you can try black? Also, the fact that the Roll n Lock cover comes off so easy for maintenance might be reason enough to go Roll n Lock over something like Retrax with the huge canister.
  14. Thanks for the input on flapping, or lack thereof. Good point, too, on the droplets being thrown off. You guys have sealed the deal for me. Looks like it's just a matter of M vs. A.
  15. General Motors Customer Service-Google it. Are they replacing all 16 lifters? Did they replace the cam? We are missing a lot of information here to try to help you. 2021 Trail Boss. What engine do you have? How many miles on the truck?
  16. Thanks, I'll probably do this when my next transmission fluid is due
  17. Bruce thank you for the reply....this has happened recently with nothing attached driving 55 on highway. It does act like it locks transmission up. seems to happen when braking then stepping on accelerator again is when it does it.
  18. I replaced all 6 drums and brakes also it did with flatbed attached also. then just recently it started doing the same thing without towing anything. I have ordered a new trailer brake module to be installed as soon as I can figure out where it is on truck...then I assume it will need to be programmed.
  19. I can't believe it took me this long to figure this out. I didn't even know that valve was there till last week. The chirping noise has been eating at me for over a year. I thought it was my camshaft from a lifter failure.
  20. Did this right when I got my truck home with 10 miles on it back in 2016.
  21. No worries battery has been disconnected for a while and air bag has been removed. But thanks for the advice.
  22. is it possible it's your adaptive exhaust valve? Go underneath and move it by hand, see if it makes the chirping noise. I just secured mine today and it was 100% that noise I've been dealing with for over a year. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/266667-squeaking-underneath-truck-solved/
  23. just changed the tank fuel pump and it was giving me p0172and p0175 codes find out the high-pressure pump is leaking so change that all good for now
  24. Just rotate the valve all the way CCW and secure it from moving. That's it. If you ever want to reverse the mod, just take off the screw or clamp. This is a MUST DO in my opinion if you deleted AFM and run in V8 full-time.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.