All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. just get a hybrid i know they have their issues but they keep AFM to 80MPH which will net about 32-34mpg on flat land at exactly 69mph
  3. What shocks did you go with? I assume the shocks were just stock length since the lift appears to use spacers and blocks with new UCA"s? Thanks
  4. Looking to purchase a center console. Needs to fit 2014 Silverado. It Doesn’t have to be in perfect condition. But not in pieces either. Shoot me a PM or email if you need to contact. Email: [email protected] Thanks
  5. Quite a thought provoking question! I suspect if you maintain it properly, the odds are good that a' '20 Sierra will reach this kind of mileage without significantly major repairs. Even if you do face a major repair or two, the cost of ownership will be less than buying a new truck every few years. My problem would be having to drive an out dated, high mileage truck as my daily driver. I would love an old truck for the fun factor but I want a current, fresh truck for my everyday use. The confidence and safety I derive from owning a low mileage, newer vehicle is worth the cost of admission, imo.
  6. Hey fellas, I've never used a forum before so I'm giving it a shot. I'm rebuilding the entire front end of a '96 gmt400 chevy k1500 5.7l and I've run into what I now know is THE snag of the rebuild. I cant get the lower control arms anywhere. So I hope to salvage some good ones and replace bushings. The problem I have; When I look up the bushings they have different sizes all in the 40-45mm range. Is there an efficient way to find what size i need? Is the size difference compensated for by compression of the various materials? The truck was in an accident last winter. They may not 'need' to be replaced... but I want to for my sanity sake because every other part will be new. Any and all help is appreciated. I'm an engineer at heart but this is my first major vehicle repair.
  7. Maybe someone has a better idea. Something in my head is saying damaged valve or valve seat. Would cause a combustion issue I would if the knock sensor is picking anything up? White smoke is oil but where and how? Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  8. I dont know if it is due to the dod since i installed my lift and new tires the truck doesn't activate the 4cyl mode any more unless im doing like 30 or below. I would love a new motor but everything is going through my extended warranty which only has 11,000 left on it
  9. This is not a good deal. Definitely not one so good you can’t pass it up.....
  10. So misfire and smoke? I would lock out dod and data log a scan. But any reason the harness wasn't metered out and the coil packs switched or replaced? I would do a cylinder compression test. And find out about the smoke. Sounds like oil. But after those quick checks I would just get a over ride code and get a new engine installed. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  11. My 14 Silverado is throwing a cylinder 6 misfire code. This is now the 3 time with in a 1.5 month span it has been into the dealership to be repaired. They have replace all of the lifters and the cam, 4 fuel injectors and i replaced all if the plugs in it two days before it went to the dealer the first time and when you start it up after it has been sitting for a peroid of time it throws white smoke every where like it did when it smoked the cam. Everything has been covered under my warranty thankfully but even the dealer seemes to be stumped now. They have been communicating and running test with gm for the past week. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance
  12. Today
  13. Let me know when your old truck hits copart so I can buy it
  14. Well I got the rear 5100s installed. They work. I’m happier with the ride. Can’t wait for the fronts to get delivered. My OE suspension was not nearly worn out but it was obvious it doesn’t compare to the 5100. Worth the $375.
  15. Ditto with low gears and big tires being a big towing problem, but 4,400lbs will be nothing. Lifting trucks/levelling/increasing tire size all affect factory tow specs negatively. Its possible your max tow limit went from 6400 to 5000 or even worse On the highway I like to just tow in 3rd gear with my 4l60e. Too much gear hunting in Drive, even with tow haul mode on. Also be prepared to fuel up often! very very helpful are weight distribution hitches with sway control like equalizer. They are tremendously helpful spreading that weight on all the axles and keeping you from having trailer swing on those big box trailers.
  16. The CAI doesn't require anything special to be done, that's why it doesn't ask you anything about it. Your 6.2 has an 8 speed auto, there is no way to calibrate the transmission settings without an unlocked TCM. You'd need a completely differnet tuner to do that as HP Tuners is the only place that offers that type of unlock service. Your hypertech is just going to be a canned tune for the engine computer. That's about all I can say because I don't know that product very well. But I can say good luck getting fuel mileage back, you've done too much to ruin that with the lift/tires/unchanged gearing and aero reduction.
  17. Sorry should explain. The chrome shocket is the same as the one gm later sold. It slides on and just extends the 5/8 past the headers the spark plug goes through the end. So you can do anything socket or box or open wrench. 2nd photo is a 5/8 triple swivel in impact. Snap on guy said it was a must. I bought and thought I was had but on trans swaps it is worth it. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  18. I just lay on the engine/core support and stick my normal spark plug socket on the plug first and snake my ratchet down there. It's a pretty snug fit but once I crack the plug loose, that's all I need.
  19. Your best bet if you don't see the update is to uninstall the app and then go into the store and reinstall it. It should show the newest one available for download.
  20. The update is the same if you added nav or not. MOST likely the person that did the programming for you DID not do the USB file transfer after adding nav. I did that after I added my nav and then the next update showed up fine. Best bet is to go to the dealer and let them do the usb file transfer to update it to get you up to the current version. The latest is available to download. I had downloaded it prior to the OTA I was just waiting fo rate OTA to do its thing. Once you add nav the truck is register as having nav in every way that GM says it. So its not an issue of they don't know or are not sending the correct updates out.
  21. Also an another gm needed tool. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  22. Yes I do. Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  23. Its cool but I would never do that to a personal vehicle worth $$. Lots of people get stranded and put in dangerous situations trying to ford water. Never drive into standing water is a good M.O. the road sometimes falls apart underneath the pavement from erosion, drive over that and you will likely get trapped. Unless you are on a known 4x4 trail people ford all the time, its too risky to cowboy rapidly flooded areas. You are better off towing a small john boat with u
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.