All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not off hand. I was at work and in a hurry but looked up upper control arms for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2 on one of the big GM parts websites then a 2020 Silverado 1500. Sure enough, different numbers.
  3. Welcome to the forum. New trans would be great for you and would put pressure on GM to get this valve body supply issue straightened out. There are others waiting for backordered valve bodies.
  4. I have and honestly I hate the Chevrolet grill if the made a replacement grill that was just a bow tie I’d get it and paint match it and the bumper
  5. Yeah I know I’ll need lower valance(below the grill and wraps around headlights, grill, bumper assembly, and possibly a new plastic piece that holds the grill and headlights. Mine currently has the active aero stuff that the original grill mounts too and I haven’t been able to confirm wether the new grill will mount to it or if they sell one for other grill
  6. My 2024 GMC HD AEVtruck has been at the dealership for the last 3 weeks. I had the left rear blinker not working, but only when the headlights were on. The Field Engineer has been out on 2 separate occasions. Replaced headlights, taillights and BCM. Checked all connections and grounds. I’m beyond frustrated to be without my $105k truck with no idea if/when I’ll get it back. “They’ve never seen this before”, even though I sent them this link. I’ll keep you posted.
  7. Today
  8. I doubt it, probably going to be around 9 MPG regardless of engine choice.
  9. I also understood it that way. Thats because the stock thermostat blocks flow to the cooler until the temperature is reached. Once the thermostat opens the system flows completely and the level is accurate. With the thermostat closed the flow is restricted and the level will show high in the pan. The Superior kits lets the system flow from the start making a cold check almost as accurate as one done at operating temp. I personally dont do the "flush" I just do a pan drop, new filter and then refill. Nothing wrong with the flush though if thats what you want.
  10. oHHHH...LoL I change it no more than 5K, Mobile 1.. I never let the oil change monitor drop below 40%
  11. This is what Superior Solutions had to say about it. If I read this right you must be at operating temp to do a flush with the stock cooler block, but you can in fact do the flush cold if you install the STL010 block first.
  12. You definitely CAN go with extended oil change intervals on good full synthetics. It's very unlikely that those intervals will make any measurable difference in engine longevity. Yes engines do have a lot more going on these days, but the materials they are built from and the processes that build them have improved at a rate much faster than that. Despite all this, I sleep better at night sticking with 7500 mile intervals (as I imagine you do with your intervals) and i'm not afraid to admit that that's probably all it is - comfort. I knew a girl in college that went 45k once without an oil change - on basic Wal-Mart juice no less. She only did that once, as that next oil change cost her almost $5k.
  13. 12-15K oil changes was recommended on mobile one on the Trailblazer SS. It was in 2006. Now Honda, Toyota VW are still recommending extended. Yes the 90s is 30 years ago. Engines have more going on. You want to go 7500 miles that’s cool
  14. Ah that makes more sense...and yeah 12k+ is too much for me too. But I don't have an "argument" because i'm not doing "extended" intervals. I'm at 7500 miles which is just average now...the 90's were 30 years ago..
  15. No, I went down to 5K oil changes. I used to run 25K miles on Amsoil. 12-15K on my trailblazer ss. I was an extended guy. I bought all in. I changed with cylinder deactivation. Then turbo charging. My Genesis dealer recommended running the extreme service schedule. I joined this website and people pointed out to me that these modern engines require more frequent maintenance. So if I spend an extra 100$ a year shorting me oil change intervals no big deal. Especially if I want to run 200K miles. Then you add people posting their oil analysis. It took me awhile to be convinced. I was giving the same argument as you 10 years ago. Oil is cheap and I’m not trading in before the warranty is up anymore so yeah I’m going extreme on maintenance.
  16. If you have fuel dilution happening to the point where it significantly changes the viscosity-related properties of your oil, you are going to have a lot of other issues before you have lifter issues. But you aren't wrong per se.
  17. Well you don't know what happens with higher-than-5k-mile oil changes if you don't go higher than 5k miles between changes.
  18. Yikes how did you get it out as there is only enough space to pull the filter out, i usually rip a piece of the filter box cardboard and try and create a dam on the underside of the filter so stuff doesn't just fall past it once you pull the filter out. But to those with smells and you have never changed your filter? Give that a try, even better K&N makes them and are only double the price of a standard one, and of course it will be the only one you will ever need to buy again. Plus I here it helps with the flow of your cooling and heating system as like with a k&n air filter it is higher flowing then stock.
  19. Hi curious if anyone with a ‘24 LTZ has swapped their center wheel caps for ones with the black bow tie. i see the part number for some is gm# 84267795 I have seen posts where some say it will and some say it won’t. Believe these were on the RST stock
  20. It doesn’t take as expert to see that wasn’t a good move. If you were going down that hill and placed your wheels differently maybe if there was an emergency. If that was a high flow ditch that removed soft material maybe doable. I wouldn’t had chance it especially how sensitive environments can be.
  21. My thoughts exactly. If the ZR2 does have more travel, etc why are new upper arms not included in either the TB or ZR2 kits. @AJMBLAZER, can you post the ZR2 part numbers? Might bite the bullet and just order them if they are not too pricey compared to aftermarket ones. Just to see if I can see any visual differences compared to the non-ZR2 arms.
  22. I have started this project as I have had **some** free time. I've had the parts for some time sitting the garage. But finally able to get the Denali Seats installed into my 2021 Silverado LT along with the center console and rear heated seats. Driver seat memory is operational! Heat is retained, cooled not working (also waiting for WAMS for the release of BCM Programming). But being able to get power folding operational relies on Driver Memory Seat Module (MSM). Swapped out driver side and all but power fold worked. I can see the mirror trying to fold but limps in its attempt. Think these mirrors have junk motors in it. They are also Sierra mirrors and don't quite sit flush so I'll be on the lookout for Silverado mirrors. The door handle swap had some melted "rivet" type fasteners that I had to pop. So that sucked LOL. Passenger side - EXACTLY like @Rally6.2RST stated. So I'll be following his workaround for now to regain passenger window control. Key fob fold works, power mirrors adjust works, reverse tile, mirror memory, etc. works. Puddle lamps not working at the moment and don't know what drives the front spot light at the moment either. More to come. Thanks @Rally6.2RST for the support so far!
  23. Well, as a onetime Amsoil dealer and user and extended user. I agree in some cases. With cylinder deactivation, turbo charging and DI engines. And a person called Grumpy and his posting. As well as my change in driving miles with retirement. 5K oil change intervals is my max. I might add. You’d be hard pressed to find an individual who has more experience with oil, oil brands than me. I sold equipment for 40 years. That may not make me an expert, but I’m experience.
  24. Not going in, but perhaps coming out. Foaming has the same effect as starvation. Fuel dilution is a viscosity breaker, right? Fuel enhances foam. Just thinking out loud. When oil becomes compressible hydraulic function goes sideways.
  25. Here’s my retirement maintenance volunteering. Operators drive me nuts. Decided to take 140m2 grader via a short cut on wet mountain road spring thaw. Hung up 644K and D6 being an unsupervised idiot.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.