All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm buying a set... thank you
  3. 2.7L is the same. Open ended ratcheting wrench is your friend.
  4. Choose your next service provider wisely. Jumping around between dealers can raise other concerns for the tech and how or if they get paid. If there was work done that needs to be redone someone likely wont get paid. I would try to pin Customer service down and ask where they think you should take it next. Although I have had issues with dealers also I tried to keep a relationship going with the same one (good or bad) My salesman got involved one time years ago and asked the service manager "why dont you just fix the damn thing like he asked you to, he usually knows exactly whats wrong with it"
  5. I have him back on ignore. Look there is a light refracting particle counter test and water CAN mess it up IF the concentration is high enough. Like free water high and that is his position. Thing is.... this is a BLOCK PORE. He should know this. It is the lab he used for years. Some sad crap going on here.
  6. Today
  7. Why not just use the app? I use the Mychevrolet app for my Silverado, I can remote start/stop and lock/unlock the doors with it.
  8. Fronts are done - way less stiff than the Bilstein 6112 my God... the rears (still have the 5160s on) are noticeably stiff as f*ck - I can't wait to get them off. My last rear arrives tomorrow. Alignment Monday. Btw, Idk if you have a diesel but I would not wish front coilover change on my worst enemy. There is so much sh*t in the way on top of the strut tower it's insane. I know at least with the 6.2 zr2 there is *nothing* on top.
  9. Okay Pryme Thank You ! Good information . We have the money to pay cash but....... Also my wife said we don't plan on divulging about how we are going to pay until we get their lowest out the door price , Then say what if we pay cash . Does this sound like a tactic we could use to get a lower price ? My wife talked to the bank and they said they cant give a better rate than the dealer is offering which was 5.49 %
  10. Me too, I was on the fence because of the price but then I hit a deer in our suburban. Can't see it in the picture but it also cracked the frame.
  11. Sorry for the late response but yes I do have a vibration on decel from 28-22mph. My brother has a truck just like mine that is not lowered in the rear and I can just slightly tell where his is but mine is extremely noticeable compared to his truck.
  12. So I have now emailed 3 dealerships in my province in Canada and they have had no information or bulletins regarding the Cracked roof on the passenger side of the 2500's . I find this strange unless this was a USA production only issue ,
  13. You really need to look into a full kit for the desired height that you want. If you have pieced part of it together already then you would only need to buy whats missing. I personally also have a 15 z71 w/3.5" lift struts, angled upper control arms, rear block and front diff spacers. I run 35x12.5x18's on the factory wheels. I am however going to swap to an adjustable coilover for the front to get 4". Plus the lifted struts are garbage IMHO. Mine settled and have a crap ride. I have a RC hidden mount 12k winch and a Ranch Hand too..
  14. Can someone explain what this trim coding means? 88I INTERIOR TRIM DK TITANIUM 88V TRIM COMBINATION DK TITANIUM (V) I want to recover the driver seat (vinyl/faux leather) but the one I bought is too dark and the wrong grain. Is there something special about this interior that I'm overlooking? Why are there two of them? Thanks, Ray
  15. Your second scenario would be correct. dealers find all sorts of cute terms to add junk fees to the price of what they are selling. All you need to care about is the bottom line. The price out the door. they can call the add ons whatever they want as long as the price out the door is agreed upon by you and the dealer. So yeah, you can take every line and add them up and work off of that. Also it’s in your best interest to deal on the price of the truck without talking about how you’re going to pay( they want to get you on the financing if possible they don’t want you paying cash) if you do finance, go though your bank. dealers will absolutely not give you the best rate they find for you in order to make more money off the financing. Say they get back from the banks a rate of 2.7%(better times) but turn around and tell you they got you 3.1% they will make money off you and you pay more. Go through your financial institution.
  16. Here is one for the super educated Silverado electricians out there. Let me give you the details: 2019 Chev Silverado (new body style) RST 5.3L crew cab. Infotainment system is having issues as it starts to reboot multiple times a minute shortly after start up (although not always). During reboots, it loses GPS capability (red line through on lower right hand side of screen), loses ambient temperature feed, sometimes loses climate control by touchscreen (works with physical controls), and usually will settle out and at least allow audio to be played. Often it is XM only that is clear. Bluetooth is staticy but still audible. Music on SD card also static filled but audible. Phone data like charging state, reception and battery state not visible on main screen. When place truck in reverse, camera works great regardless of infotainment reboot status pre of post shift. ON-STAR will operate as expected. On good days when i start up and it only does a single reboot, then I have GPS and temperature data, and climate control capability. Phone reception and charge state will show for about 15 seconds before disappearing. Full control on screen of sources and settings. However there are several things I can do to upset this applecart: operating volume on steering wheel will cause screen to go black and then infotainment will reboot. Sometimes this occurs with channel change as well on steering wheel. plugging in phone via USB C or USB A port will cause the system to lock or enter full reboot loops for several minutes or more. Rarely will it stabilize. Apple Carplay is unusable. Restarting vehicle after entire system shutdown is only way to recover the system completely. Tried disconnecting battery for 10 minutes to allow system reset overall. Did not remedy or help the situation. Thoughts? I have no idea what to do next as I do not have drawings/diagrams of the interrelationships of the stereo module with all other modules on the vehicle. If replacing the infotainment screen/module was a slam dunk, I would lay down the cash to be done with it, but I fear that i would just be spending a ton of money to find out it isn't the issue, and I would then own two systems that are not helping me. Any help appreciated.
  17. I went RC 2". Then I did the RC 3.5" on my 15 z71 because I wanted 35's. You definitely get what you pay for (I also had a friend who was a dealer so I got things at cost). I haven't put 50k on my truck in 6 years and it hasn't held up to mostly paved road driving. If you run a grille guard,bumper, or winch then definitely don't bother with a lifted strut (at least not RC). Mine have settled because I have a Ranch Hand grill guard and a Hidden mount 12k winch. Even w/out any added equipment I would go with a trusted coilover.
  18. Interesting to hear. My truck sits outside and it's been about 3 months now and the water still beads on the plastic bed rail and running boards, as well as the paint. Im still happy with it, but that's doing it all myself for less than $100 ($160 kit total cost and I have over half left). Good point about doing touchup/maintenance. I'm already planning to do it in the fall, and that's with the "Graphene boost" shampoo and detailing sprays.....
  19. https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ Chris is a member and frequents these forums.
  20. GM sells this one: https://accessories.gmc.com/product/keyless-entry-keypad-85540054?bac=263166&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&bodyNumDoors=5&bodyNumDoorsId=5&categoryId=98031&make=GMC&makeId=48&model=Sierra 1500&modelId=548&year=2018 It's listed for 2018, but I think others have gotten it to work on 2014+ but you would have to check around.
  21. I don’t disagree with any of those. Just YOU. Big Delta there. put another way …… How much filtration is done below 6 um with a full flow automotive filter? Let me know
  22. Looks good! Did you have to change out any wiring or get a harness for the headlights to work, or is it just plug-n-play?
  23. Data is not an opinion. You disagree with data. You disagree with experts. You disagree with scholars. You're just disagreeable. Sir you have a bad habit of thinking that saying a thing is true, makes it true. Especially if you're the one saying it. I do not doubt you have knowledge and experience. I doubt your application. You seem to believe that you are only relevant if you know something someone else doesn't. Try sharing plainly instead of "I know something you don't know" in a sing song like a child hiding behind IP crap to withhold it.
  24. Make sure the rear shocks won’t bottom out. i suspect you’ll be fine but check that.
  25. IGNORE..... if you don't want constructive criticism that's up to you not to post misleading BS to the readers here.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.