All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. 3500lbs. We are within all specs, my biggest concern towing that much weight is will I have my foot to the floor most of the time or will it do just fine. I'm not a speeder when towing either 60 to 65max is good enough for me.
  3. Metallic will create an optical illusion of sorts for the eye as far as scratches or imperfections. Your eye is so busy picking up all the glitter in it that a hairline scratch or scrape in the clearcoat doesn't stand out as much nor does general coat of dust, especially on silver. I do not buy cars without metallic in them for that reason. Also, expect all GM paint to be egg shelled. It's not laid on by a hotrod lover and then wet sanded. Everything from a Corvette Z06 to a Spark has that classic GM eggshell finish. It holds up as good as any other modern water based finish does. Get what color you like.
  4. just wanted to give an update on my 21 at4 that has the 6.2 liter im writing the review while fresh on my mind one bank of lifter went out and were replaced at 9,000 miles and now yesterday lifters went down again at 99,000 miles i’m in a loaner from dealer I bought it from will be interesting to see if they were the replacement lifters or the original factory lifters stay tuned for more details
  5. I have a 24 2500 hd 6.6 gas and 10 speed allison . I haul more then 15000 with it . Handles 10 000 to 15 000 nice on the highway . I over loaded it few times towing 20 000 and 22 000 pounds . These trucks are built well . I have no experience with the 6l90e that your truck has hopefully someone else can chime in . I know 10 speed trucks handle weight at highway speeds very well
  6. Today
  7. Yesterday
  8. Yes, I know you have to be on a "Mapped Road", the road I tested it on after the dealership had installed the new mapping module is "for sure" a mapped road. I have driven on it before when the super cruise was working correctly and had no problem. Now after the dealer installed the new module it works sometime and then it doesn't. You may be on the same road going one direction and it works and then you turn around and go on the same road the other direction and it does not work. I am wits end.....Thanks anyway.
  9. No idea, but I can imagine GM probably only designed one BCM and ELM for their trucks. If you look up above your left foot and see two modules then its a safe bet.
  10. Do you see the white steering wheel on the dash? You have to be on a mapped road. The wheel will light up when you're on one.
  11. Are you saying that just recently it started this and for the first, say, 50,000 miles it was fine?
  12. Does any factory paint fair better than others ? I' m thinking on Slate Grey Metallic , Sterling Silver Metallic or Black
  13. @matt99199 do you know if the X1 and or BCM layouts are the same for the 24 Denali HD's?
  14. I bought a new 2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Ultimate pickup in February and now only have 840 miles on it. I have had nothing but problems concerning the "Super Cruise", when I engage the super cruise I get a "pop up" that reads "Super Cruise unavailable, no road information". The regular cruise works like it should. I took the truck to my local dealer for service and they said it was caused by the "Automated Driving Mapping Module was not working correctly, the ordered a replacement and it came in after about 5 days. The installed the replacement and "reprogrammed" the new module. The test drove the truck and said "I was good to go". I picked up the truck and on my way home, I tried the super cruise and got the same message "pop up, Super Cruise unavailable, not road information". I called the dealership and told them, they said it would be a week before they could get it in to look at it again. Their service was of course done under warranty and there wasn't any charge to me. I have driven the truck several times since then and still the super cruise would not work and I got the same screen warning. Has anyone had a similar problem? If so how did you get it corrected? I would appreciate any and all help. Thank you so much.
  15. Whats the cargo capacity listed on the door sticker on your current truck ? The pin weight on my trailer is somewhere in the area of 2750 #. I figure the unladen weight of my trailer with my wife and I and a full tank (36 gal) of fuel, whereas the cargo capacity takes those numbers and adds them to the cargo weight. All in figuring pin weight, cargo, my fat ass, my wifes delicate self and a FULL tank of gas we are at least 3400# Edit, plus a 55# insane Boxer
  16. I am looking forward to the release for the 2024 trucks...any idea if there will be a product shortage due to orders?
  17. The original TBV was correct at the time the truck was built. It full opened at 194F and that was the normal operating temperature as designed. GM determined due to the mass amount of torque converter failures (which mostly a design of the converter issue rather than the heat but the heat doesn't help as it shortens fluid life) that 194F was "too hot" and lowered it to 158F full open on the new thermostat. You will probably get nowhere with GM on it if the dealer won't help on assistance. This is why its always important to keep records if you are trying for work under warranty or for customer assistance just outside of warranty.
  18. Do we know whether the cameras noted in the thread will work with a 2024 HD? I was talking to a guy selling a GM setup that came with his 2023 truck he is not going to use; he says the 2023 is not compatible with the 2024HD. Anybody have any idea? Thanks.
  19. How do you remove the side and top window trim on a 2024 Silverado 1500? What is all needed to remove it?
  20. We are sorry to see you are experiencing concerns with your 2014 Chevrolet and would like to investigate this further for you. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to hearing from you.
  21. Dealership finance offices have two interest rates. The "buy rate" and the "sell rate" The buy rate is what the loan costs them from the financial institution. The sell rate is what they sell it to you for. So as mentioned above, they offer you a loan at 5% APR, the bank sold the dealership the loan @ 4.5%. So the dealership is now pocketing 1/2% interest on your purchase. If you decide to finance, ask them their buy rate on the loan. With the structure of auto loans nowadays, cash really doesn't matter.
  22. We regret to hear that you are facing these challenges with your Sierra and would like to take the opportunity to learn more. To do so, please send us an email to [email protected]. Be sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email.
  23. We are sorry to hear that you are having concerns with your 2020 GMC Terrain and would like to investigate this further for you. Please send us an email to [email protected]. Make sure to include your Username and Forum name in the subject line with additional details. We look forward to your email.
  24. While in park with the truck running, hold the end call/mute button on the steering wheel for approximately 10 seconds until the radio goes blank and does a forced restart. See if that does anything to fix your problem.
  25. Terry, thanks for the PM discussion. Still have not decided. For now, I'll be towing my 25' TT to the Sierras for some trout fishing/camping. It's a big rig for solo traveling, but I already have it and it is comfy! The advantages for fishing and a TT is you can drop the TT and set up as a base camp and use truck for getting to fishing locations. Pros/Cons for camper vs TT when it comes to fishing. Ex. If I had a camper I would need to break down camper in the early AM as i drive to fishing locations....each day. Decisions, decisions.... I, too, do not like the idea of removing my MP tailgate when I use a camper. One manufacturer suggested leaving tailgate in down position.....not sure I like that idea. Sounds like the MP tailgate and the Cirrus 620 would make a great package!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.