All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Evan Williams Honey Whisky is mine. Margaritas when I play cards. Bloody Mary if I get hungry playing cards.
  3. I was asking literally. The trucks oil and OCI not yours My daily lube is Evan WIlliams black label. My Sunday desert is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.
  4. I advised my brother in law not to buy a 2013 Tahoe with cylinder deactivation. He got a good deal and bought it. I advised him to change the oil no later than 5K miles. He runs at least 300K miles. He’s at 135K miles now. There’re going to rack up miles in the next 6 months before retirement. He wants to move back to Texas or Oklahoma. He’s currently in Slidell. It’s going to get interesting.
  5. Buffalo Trace.... I did the Bourbon trail a couple of years ago and fell in love with it.
  6. Along with eating crow, I was given a GOLD Malibu as a loaner.
  7. I have two brothers. One went with our clearing business when we sold it in 1999. He and his son run many crews clearing and making new ROWs mostly for oil companies. My brother has been easing his son into more responsibility so he can slow down. He says he’ll never retire completely. He doesn’t need to. My other brother is doing the same with the remaining equipment business. I went with that business. I chose a clean break at 58. I still go to the shop to stay up on the latest with equipment and my favorite subject trucks. I’m too OCD to be just partly involved. I didn’t even want to consult or train. I’m not very politically correct or woke. I call it as I see it. I can just hang out and amuse myself. Perfectly happy to do nothing. There’s so much to take in and enjoy. I’m a firm believer in retirement as soon as you can and pursue your hobbies. I worked so much building our business I still have catching up to do. You only have so much time before the body makes you slow down. That’s a fact.
  8. I would love to see a UOA at the time of failure when the failure 'naturally". (60-80K). All I'd like to see is the GC fuel, 100C viscosity and add package. Not part of a normal UOA but a foam sequence and 150 C HTHS viscosity would be enlightening. There are nuts to crack in that bag.
  9. That fits. It seems like 20-30k miles for the "bad batch" trucks and 60-80k for the rest. The AFM trucks all seemed to go at 130-150k. Anyone think we should start a data collection sticky thread where we all post our mileage-at-failure and drivetrain info to start logging this?
  10. There was a straight up Bourbon yesterday for sure.
  11. Got in just under the wire too... My warranty expires at 100,009 OR 5/24.... Literally 5 days from now.
  12. As a fella who has eaten a bit of crow now and again; it goes down nice with a bit of salt and a bourbon.
  13. Damn...that sucks man. Sorry to hear. What's your mileage at?
  14. I had to retire at 52 from flying. Pissed me off. Cost me $ millions in retirement. Think through that as your seniority should allow a near retired lifestyle at Delta while bringing the $$.
  15. Lucky you.... I was given a 24 Malibu. GOLD colored at that. (mine went out yesterday)
  16. Well after arguing the argument of "it WILL happen vs how much it really happens" It happened to me. Karma is a MF i guess. I was at a light yesterday, gave it gas, heard a loud thump, sounded like an exhaust leak at first. Drove to the next light then noticed the clanking sound. drove to a parking lot and by then it loud and very apparent what happened. Had it towed to the Dealer, thankfully its still under the factory power train warranty (5yr/100k). They did give me a Crappy Malibu as a loaner though. Said it would be 4-6 weeks. 2019, 5.3, 79,695 Miles.
  17. Today
  18. Yeah well. I have to eat my own words now, and crow, and ******. My lifters took a dump yesterday morning. Was at a stop light, gave it gas, heard a loud pop sound, motor started shaking, dash lit up like a xmas tree, and you could hear the lifter(s) clacking.....
  19. Good Morning Phil; I have in fact seen and read the article you sent about the problems & fix on the super cruise. In fact, I took a copy of the article to my dealership and gave it to the service tech. I am taking my truck back there tomorrow and will leave it with them again. This problem is so frustrating and I sure would like it resolved. Thanks for the prompt reply and I will update my post "if & when" it is resolved.
  20. please do. I'd be very interested to see the amp location, speaker wire routing, etc
  21. Wheel diameter won't be an issue, it will depend on tire width and wheel offset. Stock GM stuff should work fine and may only need minor fender liner trim. This is the small amount I cut to alleviate the light rub on mine. As far as dealer warranty it will depend on the service tech and whether they even notice. All the parts are GM stamped and painted black. No fancy looking aftermarket stuff....etc. On 35s they may just think you cranked the keys. If they were to measure or dig into the PNs they would figure it out or a very trained eye could tell a 24 ZR2 UCA from a 20-23 from the unused top holes for the brakes but most techs are just regular mechanics and not GM shade tree super fans like me. Officially, they have grounds to void steering and suspension warranty because of the numerous changes from stock. I'd rather not have Joey Bagadonuts service tech touching my truck anyway, so it matters not for me but for those concerned with warranty, default to a denial in your mind when modifying to this extent.
  22. Thanks! I have a few more chrome pieces in mind for this build. I'll have to cut and fit them, but it will turn out great as always
  23. Here is my 2015 Z71 (not the best pic). I'm running the RC 3.5" lift but I added 3" blocks to keep the rake. It has 35-12.5-18's on the stock wheels. I like the setup but I am currently looking into some coilovers. I have not been impressed with the lifted struts. They do not hold up if your running anything extra I.E a Grille Guard, winch. Mine has both and it has caused the springs to settle in the RC struts.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.