All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I immediately felt the difference with the pedal. I also get like a solenoid or abs like feel on light braking almost every time I drive. Of course they can’t duplicate it. I’ve showed them several videos of it and even showed them while driving and they play dumb Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fulbmpy6enkayz1/IMG_4386.MOV?dl=0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ** UPDATE and a honest 250mi review** Got the truck back Saturday morning from the shop. First impression - WOW!! It almost sits like a 2500 does from the factory. It looks like an AT should. I am in love with the overall feel of it and the way it sits. The truck has an ever so slight rake to it still which I love. I need to upload pics to photo bucket and then I will post them up here. There is minor rubbing when backing up with the 275/65/20's. I was wrong about the stock 20" AT rims fitting with the Camburg arms. They hit at full lock and I am currently addressing it. I have G2 1.25" spacers on the way to see how that works out. I have delt with G2 in the Jeep world so they should be fine. Spidertrax does not make spacers for our trucks. They make a 6 x 5.5 spacer but the bolts are Toyota size (too small). I love the look of the AT rims so they aren't changing. For right now I can get away with 98% of my driving with out ever having to go full lock on the wheels. It handles a standard right or left turn just fine. The tires are fully under the fenders like stock. With the spacers it should sit how I would like. Top of the tire is under the top of the fender and slight poke from the rocker edges. Now on to the ride. I have logged 250mi so far of mixed road driving. I live in central NJ and take the NJ turnpike daily to work. Around home is back country roads that twist / turn and vary from 25-50mph. 0-30mph these shocks are meh for bumps and such. I knew buying them that they aren't meant for low speed control and are not built for it. They do have a planted feel and reminds me of my lifted Yota or Jeep. My Jeep was a fully custom Rokmen system so its not what most are used to when driving a lifted Jeep. The truck is smooth but has that feel to it we all know. You can barely notice road hum from the AT2's and I drove home last night from dinner with the wife and had the windows up. She commented that there isn't the loud HUM to them and that she approved. 40mph and over these shocks wake up. Just drove 287 where there are plenty of expansion joints, dips, bumps and pavement patches in a concrete roadway. The truck just takes it. Cruised at 75-80mph the entire 35mi stretch of TP to and from work and loved it. I love driving the truck now. Its not just a generic run of the mill truck anymore. Wife took the truck Sunday with the horse trailer in tow. Ben the Clydesdale on the drivers side and Oliver the paint/draft mix on the passenger. Yes, the wife owns a Clydesdale and rides him in a English saddle on the trails near home haha. Anyway, the truck got an approval from her and her only complaint is that it needs AMP steps or sliders to assist her in getting in. She said she was going to get them for my BDAY but I chose flooring for the house instead haha. Priorities I keep telling myself haha. The wife takes the truck quite a bit as we own a horse / chicken farm in addition to our full time jobs so her opinion does matter. She takes it once a month out to Lancaster for feed so I want her to enjoy it. I support her hobbies and she mine. With the trailer on and the boys in, it has a slight nose up rear squat to her. I notice it but its not terrible. Eventually the Firestone airbag kit will go in to help with feed runs. Between the boys, tact and trailer I would guess 4500-5000lbs. If you made it this fair, congrats and thank you! Now for the breakdown : 6112 Kit - 580 5160's - 320 5160 Mounting Kit - 80 All new GM hardware - 200 Camburg UCA - 780 Tires / M&B / Alignment / Install - 2000 Total OTD = $3960
  4. BirdDog Its a real pain to get them out. There is a little tabs you need to pull down on first and be careful because I did brake it. Then you have a little lever to push down on and it should come out.
  5. Bosch Platinum (often found at PepBoys online for a discount for local pick up) is rated the same as the North Star for AGM batteries. Can be had for under $150. Bosch Platinum Series AGM Battery I did a lot of research and this has proven reliable. I have one on my car and will upgrade the trucks battery when it proves weak with the same.
  6. I'm not sure you can install it yourself manually, I believe it is pushed via OTA from gm, and if you read the post right above yours, it looks like your Blazer most likely did not come with the app since they're not making it available anymore.
  7. Ok so I have everything up and running since my last post, but I have a minor problem. I have the amp installed with no remote power. The amp has an auto sensing option for powering on. Ive used this just fine on other amps in other vehicles. Some time but not always when I come up to a red light and the engine shuts down the amp turns off too then right back on when the engine fires back up. Any suggestions on where I can easily run my remote power wire to.
  8. Very happy with it! Honestly no complaints, no drone, it just sounds great.
  9. How hard or what technique did you use to get the plug out? I hate to pull on the wires but there's not much real estate to pull on otherwise. It looks like everyone has broken part of plug trying to get it out. Thanks in advance for your help.
  10. Suggestion- Beef up your rear spring pack a little and add a set of traction bars. It will perform like a different vehicle. I added one full length leaf to the pack and a set of Rough Country traction bars. There are other quality brands as well. Traction bars make a very noticeable difference to handling and rear wheel traction. My DSC hardly ever activates post install.
  11. Are you hitting the frame or the door itself. Mine was just touching the door by about 1/2 and I was able make the door travel a little farther up (installer adjusted it). Note, stock tires and suspension.
  12. thanks all for the assistance - placed truck in 4wd hi and lo and drift shaft engaged - in 2wd the driveshaft spins freely - replaced actuator but did not take the step to confirm 12V at plug - - but tried to climb a rock - still not spinning - so actuator not engaging ? next step..is check 12v at actuator and then - what? thanks in advance
  13. Yeah, get rid of that ugly, unnecessary, lame whip antenna. It's laughable that GM (or any major truck-maker) still makes trucks with these things on them.
  14. As others pointed, the Custom TB has the AFM and 6 speed. The LT and higher trucks are 8 or 10 speed with DFM. DFM is, simply, AFM on all 8 cylinders. It can run on any combination from 1 up to all 8 cylinders, in 17 different configurations. AFM is a specific set of 4 cylinders that can deactivate. DFM also rids of the VLOM control and goes for direct solenoids to each cylinder. DFM is much less noticeable than AFM, although AFM is smoother on the new trucks due to the pendulum vibration absorber on the torque converter.
  15. Guys at lowes did that to my gate when loading something in my bed. Wrecked by bed liner too. My body shop quoted $5,000 to fix the damage lmao. Went through my insurance because i didn't want the run around. It has been over a year and they are still pursuing lowes. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  16. I have a wifi back/up camera on the travel trailer right now, but it is not as reliable as I like, so I'm looking for something that would plug right into the chevy's trailer camera connection. GM offers the camera package, but that's more than what I'm looking, I'm just looking for a single camera that will play nice with the chevy's connection. For reference i'm talking about the two camera connections right above of the trailer's hookup connection on the rear bumper.
  17. Daubert Nox Rust 121-B is the factory wax but sprayable. I'd get a couple cans of that and touch up any spots you see before winter. Fluid Film will take the wax on the frame off. Ziebart will interfere with the wax as well, and Ziebart will do nothing but trap moisture under it and rot the truck that way. For the rest of the underside minus the frame, I'd go with Boeshield, Fluid Film or Krown. Boeshield would be my first pick as that stuff sprays on and sticks. You have to scrub it off the underside to remove it. Just a hose won't touch it, a pressure washer might, but regular hose won't.
  18. A ton of people here have replaced the factory one with a shorter unit without any loss of reception at all. If you invest in a decent quality one, it’s fine. $10 autozone one? Maybe not.
  19. Just a nuisance, it won't hurt anything. Most of us bought smaller antennas
  20. Yes, they come in the same package together. And yes, the rubber just pulls right out for cleaning. It’s actually a pretty good spot I’d say. Better than behind you like on the K2s.
  21. 2016 Canyon (diesel, but not relevant to this problem), started with not being able to lock with remote, one quick low battery light that didn't come back on. Drove to and from San Diego the next day and the remote couldn't lock the truck, but that was it. Stopped truck and tried to restart to adjust parallel parking, screen was black and remote can't lock windows TRUCK BASICALLY DISABLED. Next morning planned to call a tow, but it started, part way there Steering Assist Disabled warning, Drive with Caution light came on and off. Drove it to Allen GMC (never go there if you have a choice!!) kept it running while the service rep told me there would be 2 separate diagnostic fees and if there was a problem covered by my warranty, I wouldn't have to pay one of them. They would not test my battery, but that was included in one of the diagnostics and the LABOR for installing a new battery would be deducted from the fee and I would have to pay the rest. I drove it straight to my Big O in Costa Mesa where they diagnosed it for free (no problems showed). I bought a new truck battery and changed both remote batteries. Last night, 3 weeks later...same problem, black screen, can't turn key, truck disabled. I had it towed to the Costa Mesa GMC and Ubered home with groceries and stuff I had from errands (not relevant, but you can imagine the frustration). It is now almost 11 am and my service rep was going straight to my truck an hour and a half ago....
  22. Haha ok now help me out please tell me I don’t have to do all this lol
  23. If you look careful you can see the issue in the first picture. Good luck. [emoji38][emoji38] Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  24. In the LTZ, do you have to get the wireless charger in order to get the Bose stereo? If so, is the wireless charger tray removable? It’s in a dumb spot I think. Behind and below drinks don’t seem like the best spot
  25. Does anyone have the issue with their antenna hitting the top of their garage door opening when pulling in and pulling out? After many months or years pulling in and out, is there a concern this antenna mount might become damaged or need replacing? I have also seen a potential aftermarket antenna that is half the height but don't know if reception would be effected.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.