All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. FRAM Air Hog (like K & N Filter) Panel Filter-Washable and reusable - fits 99-06 and possibly later years Chevy Silverado 1500 2500 2500hd 3500 Tahoe Suburban GMC Yukon XL Sierra truck Cadillac Escalade or Denali $25 Also selling a Genuine K&N filter for same application, K&N part # 33-2129 $30 Available for pick up in Orange County, CA or will ship UPS.
  3. The Ranch has always had a poor signal. My 2007 LT with the big ole' whip antenna barely got it steadily. And I live in Grapevine.
  4. Question. I am in the market and nearly purchased a 2019 Sierra AT4 this past weekend. It was a event vehicle and/or managers demo. I noticed that if you get in the vehicle without starting and close the door, occasionally the GMC logo on the intrument cluster flickers. very random and no pattern to it. This kind of scared me away from that specific vehicle so am still in the market. Both sales managers told me that their current vehicles do it also which surprises me. That said, when I first brought it up is sounded like they did not know what I was talking about until I caught it on video on my phone. Any thoughts/knowledge of this?
  5. Yeah, I saw some guys doing that to a truck in a parking lot to get it on a carhauler trailer (taking off oversize wheels and putting on stock wheels).
  6. You will lose some effectiveness regardless of what some say, FM radio uses line of sight, go shorter and range will be lost. Most won't notice (hence those saying they didn't lose anything) but if you use it regularly and travel outside of the area you will notice. I use satellite much of the time but use FM a good amount too for Texas country. As far as aesthetics, some place more emphasis on beauty (it is a truck not sure how that is possible) over usefulness, I am the other way. Either way mine has been hitting my door for 5 years now, no issues here. I am glad I don't a shorter one as one of the local stations I can barely pick up that goes out when I head to the east side of Dallas, I have a buddy with a shorty antenna and his doesn't get it (95.9 for those local to DFW) in my same area that I do. I can't say for sure long term it won't bother anything. You can always just trim a couple inches if reception and durability is a concern. That 4 inch antenna looks silly, it looks like a nub, like someone broke off the stock one. No way it is anywhere near as receptive as stock in areas where reception is dwindling. Tyler
  7. Which ones? I believe there are 2 different sizes for the AT4 - an 18" & a 20".
  8. Mine has done it since I got it in December 18, GM knows about the issue and there is no fix yet. The only thing it does is flicker, I've noticed no other issues with it.
  9. This is what I, along with many others on this forum, run: https://www.amazon.com/KEYO1E-Compatible-GMC-Sierra-2007-2019/dp/B07KVTYYLF
  10. I have a 2005 GMC 3500 dump truck, 6.0L engine. I believe it has the 4L80 transmission in it. Pulling the dipstick, the fluid is nice and pink, smells fine, and is in the normal range. However, this is consistent behavior of the truck: start it up, let it warm for a minute or two even in the summer, put it in Drive, and drive to the end of the parking lot. Up to this point, no abnormal behavior. Then I wait in Drive for traffic to clear, and then ease on the gas to pull out on the road. The engine will suddenly rev up like the transmission is in neutral. If I ease off, you'll feel the trans suddenly load up; step on the throttle again and away you go. If you stay on the gas, the trans will abruptly slam and engage, and away you go. The minute I feel it suddenly rev, I get off the throttle. The odd thing is that once this has happened, the truck will go through all the gears as smooth as silk, with no hint of slipping or flaring or any other odd trans behavior. Once in awhile, after you drive it somewhere, it will do this behavior again taking off in first, and then is perfect. Truck has 128k miles on it. I bought it used; have no idea of trans service history. Like I said, the fluid is very clean. I plowed with the truck last winter and all was fine, other than this initial behavior. I have towed with the truck some this summer as well, about a 7k lb trailer. I'm thinking of changing the fluid and filter because it is cheap, but suspect that won't solve the problem. Thoughts?
  11. Question. I am in the market and nearly purchased a 2019 Sierra AT4 this past weekend. It was a event vehicle and/or managers demo. I noticed that if you get in the vehicle without starting and close the door, occasionally the GMC logo on the intrument cluster flickers. very random and no pattern to it. This kind of scared me away from that specific vehicle so am still in the market. Both sales managers told me that their current vehicles do it also which surprises me. That said, when I first brought it up is sounded like they did not know what I was talking about until I caught it on video on my phone. Any thoughts/knowledge of this?
  12. Thanks, I will when I take it back in for the window leak.
  13. Thanks guys for the quick replies. Mine is hitting the actual frame and not the door. I am glad to see we can find a good quality replacement (Craven Speed) for the Shorties....
  14. unscrew the actuator from the front diff, plug it in, then shift between 2wd and 4wd, to verify that the actuator extends/retracts. If it does, then something is busted in the front diff itself. If it doesn't (and at this point, I would plug in the old actuator and see if that works), then the actuator is defective, there's a electrical problem (fuse/short/break), or the 4wd sensor in the transfer case is defective).
  15. How come my dealer was able to quote it for me separately? I also found the part number and item online so that’s why I was asking if I bought it, if I replaced it do I need to reprogram anything?
  16. Does anyone have t1 at4 wheels they took off? Interested replacing my slt wheels with those let me know. Msg me please Thanks
  17. I listed the part number earlier in the post. Just cut out the old muffler and both flappers before installing the 3" Flow Master and a short pipe. whole thing cost me under $200 total for 11RWHP......money well spent.
  18. Looks like it actually is much more useful than the plastic one GM sells for a few hundred bucks.
  19. Have you not brought that up to your dealer? This was an issue on the K2XX trucks with painted bumpers & they allowed for a one time repaint. After that one repaint, you were on your own.
  20. Hello I’m looking at a new motor and trans for my truck. The truck currently has a 6l80 and this engine comes with the 10-speed. Does anyone know if it’s possible to run this trans. I imagine I will run the tcm from that trans but what about communications to the bcm and the rest of the truck. I have hptuners and gm dealer tools. If you can point me in any direction it would be helpful too
  21. http://Working on Chevy truck 2014 Chevy Silverado gas fumes coming in dash
  22. My truck didn't come with the rear under-seat storage bins. I was cruising around the tool aisle at Home Depot today and came across these things: Tool Caddy/Organizer Stuffed one under each side in back. Surprisingly they stay in place. The passenger side could be a bit narrower though because of the jack, but it works. Removable in case I need the floor space. Best part is I can stack 'em, lock 'em together and carry them as one unit. This should do the trick until I can get something a little more custom fit. Keeps the tie-downs nice and neat.
  23. I am looking into UCA's for mine as well as considering the move to 3" and rear blocks as well? When do they expect the blocks to come out and how many miles has your kit been on?
  24. Called my local rear end place. They want 2400 to swap everything to a 3.42 or 3.73. We have a place local that scraps newer GM vehicles. They have a 2017 3.73 with 20k miles on it that I can get complete rear end assembly and front Differential assembly for 1600. Think I'm going to go that route. Swap everything in a day.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.