All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. no, you can try and reset the system from the truck menu, doesn't always work, get the system reset by a scanner, might be you have a wiring problem
  3. Experiencing issues post OTA updates on your 2022 Chevrolet Colorado Gen 2 truck is frustrating. While stopping OTA updates may not be possible, reporting concerns to GM/Chevrolet for investigation is recommended. 50 caliber bullet antennas are commonly used to enhance radio reception, especially for AM/FM and satellite radio, offering a sleeker alternative to traditional whip antennas.
  4. Once again its mostly reading unactivated additives not dirty or UNCLEAN OIL in the biblical sense. You can filter additives out of engine oil if you have a very efficient filter. Water well that's a different story and will obscure the readings too. What you focus on Grumpy shows you are a novice who loves to read what he posts. Cheers
  5. Thanks man, bumper was $400, headlights $1400 for the pair from eBay and grille $250 from a recycling place here in Houston. Just missing the hood top grille trim and fog lights. I sold my headlights and bumper for $1500 so it wasn’t too bad.
  6. LOL, I have been that guy too it was 100% my fault and said never again.......I was timid, unsure, believed they were working and lacked confidence in purchasing big items......however I would grind over new surfboard, lol .driving hours and hours to start a negotiation is not going to go well.....they know you arent going anywhere maybe purchase in state of Washington or USA if possible and register back in B.C......have had quite a few offers from dealers up that way the biggest factor on getting a good deal is going to be YOU and how you handle yourself......the truck is just the "item" you happened to be purchasing
  7. 3-5k off MSRP here and yeah go test drive one first, doesnt have to be the one you buy..... you could order one like mentioned I would get the LT over the Custom just for the new interior....totally worth extra $1800 or whatever it is now I didnt test drive the truck I bought but I am kinda like that with most things, lol...... I already knew I didnt want the Ram or Ford so didn't have much choice......
  8. Those are just people in call centers running interference for GM. 99.9% probably don't even drive a GM vehicle or are even located in the US.
  9. Don't bother. They are completely useless and I have yet to hear anyone actually helped by them. They come on here about once a month, post that exact same post to various threads only changing the name of the poster and you never hear anything further from them. Oops, I just noticed that now they don't even acknowledge the poster's name that they are "responding" to. If you go to their profile page and look at all their previous posts, you can see exactly what I mean https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/profile/92340-gmcustomerservice/
  10. I've heard these arguments go back and forth all day. I do and will always run a Ranch Hand because they are proven to work. They have updates now for parking sensor compatibility, and even being just the grill guard IMO saved you from some airbag deployments. Idk if im the only one who looked at both these pictures more that once ut that car was hit hard. I'm a firefighter and have done extractions on vehicles. It's amazing sometimes what these bumpers and grill guards will take/protect you from. Not to mention the animals I personally have had just bounce off mine. Well worth the money. I'm just pissed that my wife's suburban couldn't get one due to the radar system up front (adaptive cruise etc). I will figure out a way to re l ocate it though where it's still functional. Kinda like when they told me that the Ranch Hand grill guard and the RC hidden winch mount couldn't work together. They are both mounted properly on my truck...
  11. Dealer is kind of at a lose trying to figure out a clunking noise that seems to be in the area of the TC and front drive shaft. The noise is like a rotating clunk so they figure its in the drive line somewhere. The have had it on a rack both for a visual inspection and getting all 4 wheels spinning with no luck duplicating the sound. The did try a TSB on re-alaigning the TC but that did not help. The noise happens only when letting off the gas and is louder on the freeway. Truck has 1076 miles. Is this normal for the front drive shaft at the TC?
  12. The ZR2 transfer case skid vs the baby Z71 skid. In the process of drilling the rear holes. Going to use through+bolts and nuts. Initially was going to tap M10x1.5 threads for one of the unused front Z71 bolts and add another, but didn't have the right 8.5mm or whatever PITA metric bit. Fits on the 20-23 great, just need to drill rear holes.
  13. I am still struggling trying to diagnose a problem with my trailer brake controller. My post is long, but I'm hoping someone with more knowledge than me might be able to deduce what is going on. I have read about the issues with 2024 trucks when connected to a trailer with solar. That sure sounds similar to what I've been experiencing, but doesn't seem like it applies to older trucks. So I'm starting this thread from scratch. Very sporadically while towing an RV I get the message "Check trailer wiring" followed immediately by "Trailer brakes connected". Sometimes it doesn't happen for a copulation hundred miles, and then will happen repeatedly ten times in a row before stopping again. Twice I've gotten a message saying "Service trailer brake system". When this battlements I lose the trailer brakes entirely and find that the fuse for the trailer brakes is blown. I replace the fuse and everything works again for awhile. I towed a different trailer that did not have trailer brakes and with that one I got the "Check trailer wiring" message and found that I had lost the rear running lights and side marker lights. After unplugging, reconnecting and restarting the truck they were back on. I have replaced the trailer brake controller located above the spare tire and also the trailer connector plug in on the truck. My truck is a 2021 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. I'm at a loss on what to try next or how to diagnose this. Any help is appreciated!
  14. Driver front brake pad wear sensor was torn out while driving. Dealer wanted $480 to replace it. instead I bought the sensor from the dealer and replaced it myself. The system still indicates brake pad sensor system needs service. Will this error message eventual go away?
  15. Not correct. As shown in that link, I asked YOU for a source. You replied by asking me for a source, without providing one yourself. That's why I replied "no source".
  16. I have a decent adapter that plugs into the 7 pin and has both 5 and 4 pin outputs. Also LEDs to test the light outputs. I think I bought it at Canadian Tire.
  17. The mechanic at the dealer did some driving diagnostics. He found no "repair worthy" issues. He suggested doing extended fuel system cleaner, such as BG 44K for several tanks. He told me he has seen these types of issues be cleared up by heavy fuel system cleaning. I have started this approach, but have yet to see much improvement. My gut says I need fuel injectors, but I suppose I should wait until the issue present bigger issues.
  18. I’m contemplating a new 2024 1500 rst 3.0 duramax with max trailering. Does any have one or have information on what payload numbers they have? I’m currently at 1591 with my 2020, looking for more potentially
  19. When you done can you post the part numbers for the camera and cable you used? I want to add a backup to my enclosed trailer.
  20. Looks great I am trying to do something similar. Got a 2024 1500 Denali with super cruise just added the 1 3/4 inch leveling. Now the front is a good 1 1/2 higher than the rear. The shop is struggling to find a block 1.5 or 2 inch for the rear due to the air ride system. Can you share the exact kit or block you used on the rear? I don’t see anything on max or rough county that says it will work on the 2024. Thanks
  21. Yesterday
  22. It’s just like anything else. They have models that cater to the budget market (orange cans) and then some high end filters. Fram Ultra Fram Titanium (Advance Auto version of the Ultra) Fram Endurance (Walmart exclusive, made by Champion Labs, same media as Amsoil & Royal Purple but $12 instead of $20)
  23. I suppose, the act of violently smashing and releasing the E brake a couple times is going to inevitably rock the truck a little. That might be what the whole issue is. The springs aren’t strong enough to work on their own without a little give from the rocking? I was wondering why so many posts talk about rocking the vehicle to release the e break. But there may actually be something to it. But man, if you’re sitting on an incline, what can you really do? The best way to move a vehicle is by literally putting hands on the tire and rolling it versus trying to push the deadweight of the entire vehicle from the hood or trunk. You go straight to the source. If you have another person around you could smash and release the pedal while it’s Rocking. On an incline, you may have to stand on the tire with a foot a little down each side to be able to rock back-and-forth.
  24. Thanks for the posts. The Weather tech floormat wasn’t the issue for us but when you said you’re not gonna park on an incline anymore, I realized the truck was pushed up against the curb, keeping pressure against everything. I had the neighbor pull his ‘17 off the curb a little and smash the pedal a couple times and it released.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.