Squeaky Windows When Rolled Down

My squeak is caused by that lousy felt.

My driver's window squeaks as well, but not all the time. I haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern to the intermittency, though. I think mine might be the felt too, when the window is up I can see a faint smear mark in the lower middle of the window where contact is apparently being made when the window is about 75% down. My window sounds alot like the video that was posted by krobocop a few replies back, but not as severe. But when mine does it, it'll do it both going up as well as down.

I think members in this thread are fighting two different (but similar) window noise issues.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the fix for this? It does seem like the felt gasket is the cause, looks like it is rubbing on the window, more so when rolling down. If i roll the window down and pull the top of the window inwards at the same time, it seems to stop. Does it help to clean the felt seal really good, or replacement? I have tried greasing the rails already, but i used regular grese, should i try cleaning them again and then use white lithium grease?

Archived