How-To: Heated Steering Wheel Install GMT900 Sierra.

Trav_13

Just found out about this mod. To do this to my 2011 silverado ltz are the part numbers still,

Heated black wheel without wood - 22947767

clock spring SIR coil - 25966964

harness - 25807858 - And is this still necessary to get?

Yes for steering wheel & SR coil P/Ns

Do not buy the harness P/N 25807858 all it does is get you the lt green connector to plug in to the SIR coil's lt green connector. You will find that your truck's harness will not have a 12v at the next connector "up stream" from the lt green connector of this harness.

Not sure on part numbers, but as others have stated in this thread, you don't really need to spend the money on the harness. It is very easy to to run a positive and a ground wire, so that you don't need the harness.

Agreed, you do not need this harness. You can cut off the lt green connector and run your own 12d grd wires, or there is a "plug & play" hrness for sale in the classifieds of this Forum. post-132989-0-29093700-1455115961_thumb.jpgpost-132989-0-56663700-1455116027_thumb.jpg

post-132989-0-29093700-1455115961_thumb.jpg

post-132989-0-56663700-1455116027_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all am new to this site. I have read all the comments on this Heated S/wheel section and they all refer to 2008 and LATER Avalanches, etc. My question is about converting my

2003 Avalanche to a Heated Wheel, which has a different configuration of Cruise Control (on column),and Radio buttons. Does anyone know if this is possible on 2003 model. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have all the parts necessary for installing a heated steering wheel if someone is interested. I just traded in my 2013 Avalanche and I never got around to installing this.

Comes with:

Black steering wheel (brand new)

All necessary wiring harnesses (GM Parts, not hand-made crap)

Clockspring for pre-2013 (brand new)

Clockspring for 2013+ (used, but in excellent shape)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just ordered the SIR Coil and Steering wheel for my 2015 2500HD LT also. So looking forward to this in the cold Alaska winter!!!

Zebrafive, I'm wondering where that "plug & play" is at. I couldn't find it. I'm not much of a mechanic and a plug & play cable is right up my ally but I do know how to hook this up the way you guys all describe but....

I claim that and then my baby burns to the ground??

• 1 month later...

I have all the parts necessary for installing a heated steering wheel if someone is interested. I just traded in my 2013 Avalanche and I never got around to installing this.

Comes with:

Black steering wheel (brand new)

All necessary wiring harnesses (GM Parts, not hand-made crap)

Clockspring for pre-2013 (brand new)

Clockspring for 2013+ (used, but in excellent shape)

Know it's been months but do you still have these?

Looking to do this mod to my 2012hd

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

New to the forum , just bought the SIRS Coil and the Titanium Steering wheel...

placed an order for a plug and play harness (green connector jumper wire) from Zebrafive...

looking to add this option to my 2009 Suburban LT...

Thank you for this Write up people.. Forums Rock!!

my Suburban now has the following RPO "Add-Ons"

DNU -3rd Row DVD Screen

TP2 -Auxiliary Battery

UVC -Back up Camera

DL3 - Power fold mirrors

UVD - Heated Steering - COMING SOON, THANKS TO THIS FORUM!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey all, I'm wanting to do this and I have the new coil except the black ebony w/o wood grain is completely out of stock nationally AND not on ebay.

SOO I'm looking for one ( part num 22947767 ) and I'm hoping that someone on here might have one! 

Reply here or DM  me if you've got one you're willing to sell! 

Thanks! 

• 2 years later...

Great post!  I'm finding that the 25966964 new clock spring that every thread I've found on this subject recommends has the incorrect airbag connectors on it.  The 15829093 I see in your pics is no longer made, and the 25966964 replaced it.  I see the electrical tape in your pic.  Did you splice your old airbag connectors to the new clock spring?  If so, any tips on which color wires to match up?  

Update:  I spliced the connectors from my old clock spring onto the new clock spring.  Works great!  If you're attempting, the new/old wires are different colors, but if you follow them back to the clock spring, just match them up so that they connect to the same locations.

Edited by aspendale69

• 1 month later...

With a 2017 for sure and maybe others, if steering wheel harness has connector and fuse in dash fuse box for heated wheel but no power to the wheel, look for a wire in position 37 on the rear dash fuse box connector. If wire is missing get #19301761 from the dealer and plug it into connector and run to the purple/white in the harness. Can run it to the dash connector (x201 I think) but you can't hardly get to it.

• 1 year later...