2010 Usb

GREAT NEWS!

The 2010 NAV with USB now works perfectly. I was able to get the USB working by removing the unpowered hub and adding a female to female adapter on the cable. I now have OEM iPod control !!!

The LockPick decided to start working today or maybe I just figured out the right combination of button presses. The one thing I noticed, however, is that the LockPick settings take over the NAV in motion completely. In other words, the 2010 NAV already has the option for use in motion but the LockPick will override it! This is frustrating because it looks like the LockPick reverts to NAV in motion OFF every time the car is started. :(

Their tech support still has not called back. I'm hoping that there is some kind of flash update to this thing. If not, I am ripping it out. The only thing it is good for on 2010 models is video in motion and that is not important to me.

Awesome! Glad at least somebody had a successful outcome to their project today :lol:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GREAT NEWS!

The 2010 NAV with USB now works perfectly. I was able to get the USB working by removing the unpowered hub and adding a female to female adapter on the cable. I now have OEM iPod control !!!

The LockPick decided to start working today or maybe I just figured out the right combination of button presses. The one thing I noticed, however, is that the LockPick settings take over the NAV in motion completely. In other words, the 2010 NAV already has the option for use in motion but the LockPick will override it! This is frustrating because it looks like the LockPick reverts to NAV in motion OFF every time the car is started. :fume:

Their tech support still has not called back. I'm hoping that there is some kind of flash update to this thing. If not, I am ripping it out. The only thing it is good for on 2010 models is video in motion and that is not important to me.

Awesome! Glad at least somebody had a successful outcome to their project today :happysad:

Thanks but I think I spoke too soon. For some reason, my NAV still thinks I am at the shop where we did the work. I am not getting the no GPS symbol in the upper left corner and the pointer changes directions, just no movement or updates. Address input and everything else works too. This happened after we had the dash apart to see what was wrong with the LockPick. BTW, I was partially incorrect in my earlier post. It does not revert to NO NAV IN MOTION every time the car is started. It looks like only DVD in motion reverts back to OFF. Stupid if that is indeed correct. I have no clue because the tech still has not returned my call.

Anyway, back to the NAV problem. I am thinking it might be the VSS but I'm not even sure which wire that is. Maybe it is the pair that come from the On* unit. Anyone know?

Anyway, back to the NAV problem. I am thinking it might be the VSS but I'm not even sure which wire that is. Maybe it is the pair that come from the On* unit. Anyone know?

Your VSS wire is the green one that is plugged into the MBEC, right behind the emergency brake pedal under the dash.

Did the installer mount the NAV's GPS antenna under the defroster vent in the factory location?

I'll snap a couple pics of my install for you (aside from the USB and no lockpick it should look exactly the same) when I pull my Bluetooth VCIM out again.

EDIT: On second thought I may already have pics showing what you need to look for... I'll have to check my other computer in the morning.

Your VSS wire is the green one that is plugged into the MBEC, right behind the emergency brake pedal under the dash.

Did the installer mount the NAV's GPS antenna under the defroster vent in the factory location?

I'll snap a couple pics of my install for you (aside from the USB and no lockpick it should look exactly the same) when I pull my Bluetooth VCIM out again.

EDIT: On second thought I may already have pics showing what you need to look for... I'll have to check my other computer in the morning.

The NAV function worked perfectly prior to us pulling the radio to work on the LockPick toady. The antenna is there and picked up the signal as soon as we backed out of the garage. The only wire going to the bottom port on the MBEC is the orange one (wrapped in black tape) on the right side of the last photo in post #85. It was alreadyterminated with a plug. Others have said they need to spice wires. On the radio side, it also has a red RCA cable hanging out.

There is a pair of wires in a green sheath that attach to the C1 connector at port 4 and 5. The other end plugs into an open port on the On* unit. The other wire in the photo is the LockPick jumper.

The NAV function worked perfectly prior to us pulling the radio to work on the LockPick toady. The antenna is there and picked up the signal as soon as we backed out of the garage. The only wire going to the bottom port on the MBEC is the orange one (wrapped in black tape) on the right side of the last photo in post #85. It was alreadyterminated with a plug. Others have said they need to spice wires. On the radio side, it also has a red RCA cable hanging out.

There is a pair of wires in a green sheath that attach to the C1 connector at port 4 and 5. The other end plugs into an open port on the On* unit. The other wire in the photo is the LockPick jumper.

I bet that orange wire is your VSS, then. On my harness it's green, yours looks to be orange.

I did not have to splice any wires, though I did have to insert two new pins into one of the existing connector blocks. That RCA cable is the input for a reverse camera or other aux video source.

Update to my continuing saga...

I went outside this morning prepared to tear the dash open again to fix the NAV that thinks I'm still in the shop. Started the engine and see it decided to fix itself! :happysad: It correctly displayed my current location. OK, whatever. Nice to know that I don't have to open it up for the sixth time in 2 days. Anyway, as I drive off, I try NAV in motion and IT WON'T WORK! I was right the first time about the stupid LockPick. It DOES revert to NAV in motion OFF.

While driving around and enjoying my working NAV with USB/iPod, the tech from LockPick calls back. Clueless as all of them are these days, he has nothing of any value to tell me. He recites everything from the website. When I inform him that the 2010 NAV is a new unit with new features, he denies it. He is telling me that it is NOT different! I argue the point and read to him what is on the Options screen about NAV in motion. Then he gives me some BS about not buying it from them so he can't help me or escalate the information to enginerring. WTF? What about the other customers that might buy a product from them in the future?

Anyone want to buy a GEN 6 LockPick? Half Price. That piece of crap is coming out as soon as my wood grain (Denali)trim arrives.

Bottom line, is this. The 2010 NAV unit with USB will fit perfectly in 2007.5-2009 trucks. All you need is a mini-USB to female USB cable. I made everything work with a digital camera cable and a female to female gender changer.

Good luck everyone.

Greg

I would like to clarify also.

Since I already have Nav in my 2009 2500HD, can I simply replace my existing radio with the 2010 version and add the center console (or dash) connector? (and possibly another female adapter)?

I believe that the only value of a lockpick kit would be for extra video control and connections (once the lockpick kit is fixed for the 2010 version).

Bought the above one off EBay.......to verify,I need a GPS antenna,cable for USB to Center Console,Anything else?

If you do not have NAV already, you will need two additional cables besides what you listed above. One is for the VSS and the other is for the Onstar/Bluetooth connection. If you look at the last photo in post 85, you will see them both on the right side. The former is a single long orange wire wrapped in black tape that connects from the radio to the box below behind the e-brake. The latter is the green cable with 2 wires in it. One end plugs into the OnStar box and the other has two bare wires that need to be inserted into the C1 plug.

Greg

Since I already have Nav in my 2009 2500HD, can I simply replace my existing radio with the 2010 version and add the center console (or dash) connector? (and possibly another female adapter)?

I believe that the only value of a lockpick kit would be for extra video control and connections (once the lockpick kit is fixed for the 2010 version).

I think you are 100% right on both counts. The 2010 NAV in a 2009 NAV vehicle should be plug and play with the addition of the USB cable and adapter.

I am so dissapointed with the LockPick people more than anything.

Thanks,still have not found a factory USB Cable and outlet part number

Archived