2010 Usb

I would like to clarify also.

Since I already have Nav in my 2009 2500HD, can I simply replace my existing radio with the 2010 version and add the center console (or dash) connector? (and possibly another female adapter)?

I believe that the only value of a lockpick kit would be for extra video control and connections (once the lockpick kit is fixed for the 2010 version).

I think you are 100% right on both counts. The 2010 NAV in a 2009 NAV vehicle should be plug and play with the addition of the USB cable and adapter.

I am so dissapointed with the LockPick people more than anything.

Gregorio,

Do you believe the system you installed would work without a Bose equipped vehicle? I have AM/FM/CD/XM/AUX not sure the RPO code but I'm pretty sure my unit is not a Bose unit (no printing on the speakers). Thanks for any info.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I already have Nav in my 2009 2500HD, can I simply replace my existing radio with the 2010 version and add the center console (or dash) connector? (and possibly another female adapter)?

I believe that the only value of a lockpick kit would be for extra video control and connections (once the lockpick kit is fixed for the 2010 version).

I think you are 100% right on both counts. The 2010 NAV in a 2009 NAV vehicle should be plug and play with the addition of the USB cable and adapter.

I am so dissapointed with the LockPick people more than anything.

Gregorio,

Do you believe the system you installed would work without a Bose equipped vehicle? I have AM/FM/CD/XM/AUX not sure the RPO code but I'm pretty sure my unit is not a Bose unit (no printing on the speakers). Thanks for any info.

I honestly don't know for sure but looking at the option codes when ordering a truck with NAV, I don't remember seeing a requirement for Bose listed. In other words, you can order NAV in a base truck without Bose and without having a seperate option for non Bose vehicles. Does that make sense? Somewhere I think I read that it requires reprogramming the NAV but I can't be sure.

Good luck!

Greg

Thanks,still have not found a factory USB Cable and outlet part number

I'm not sure but I think these are the numbers 25966008

and 20828635

Thanks,still have not found a factory USB Cable and outlet part number

and 20828635

Thanks,I'll check Monday

and 20828635

Those are the part numbers for the in-dash connector and cable, not the console ones.

My Chevy Parts Manager thinks she found them,I'll post Monday what numbers She came up with....

Well I took another one for the team and ordered the $241 and some change 20918430 radio from GMpartsdirect.com -its only money right? :D We'll see if they can ship it out to me or not and how loong... it will take. When I get it and the other two components I'll install and give details. Untill then, stay tuned... :thumbs:

I had also seen this at gmpartsdirect but have read bad things about them not telling customers where/when to expect their parts. The dealer I use said part #20918430 took over the #25966515 -(which he had for $400). He could not get the #20918430. Today, I got this email from GMPartsDirect.com regarding the #20918430.

I am sorry we do not handle price quotes through email, but you can do the following to get your price quote.

You will have to enter your part number into the SEARCH space provided on the homepage. You will then have to add this part number to your shopping cart and click on CHECKOUT to see total charges with shipping and handling delivered to your door.

Part number 20918430 is a special order part that is currently on national backorder with GM and GM is not currently showing an ETA for the part to be released.

Thank You,

Scott

GmPartsDirect.com

I have a feeling its 400 for the old part number or back to the newly crashed salvage yard.

Anyone know if these new 2010 NAV radios will play video via the USB?

Also, I noticed today for the first time that my map shows my vehicle moving BACKWARDS! WTF? Every few seconds it updates my positon but then moves the wrong direction on every road. It never did this before. Another thing is that the dots that it puts down on the map showing where I've recently driven are off on a tangent from my current position. They swing back onto the current road as I move along but they are not shown like my old unit.

Anyone ever seen this weirdness?

BTW, the LockPick stinks!

Well I took another one for the team and ordered the $241 and some change 20918430 radio from GMpartsdirect.com -its only money right? :cool: We'll see if they can ship it out to me or not and how loong... it will take. When I get it and the other two components I'll install and give details. Untill then, stay tuned... :D

I had also seen this at gmpartsdirect but have read bad things about them not telling customers where/when to expect their parts. The dealer I use said part #20918430 took over the #25966515 -(which he had for $400). He could not get the #20918430. Today, I got this email from GMPartsDirect.com regarding the #20918430.

I am sorry we do not handle price quotes through email, but you can do the following to get your price quote.

You will have to enter your part number into the SEARCH space provided on the homepage. You will then have to add this part number to your shopping cart and click on CHECKOUT to see total charges with shipping and handling delivered to your door.

Part number 20918430 is a special order part that is currently on national backorder with GM and GM is not currently showing an ETA for the part to be released.

Thank You,

Scott

GmPartsDirect.com

I have a feeling its 400 for the old part number or back to the newly crashed salvage yard.

That seams to be the way things are going, I emailed GMpartsdirect the other day about my order but have not received a response yet. If they come back with the same reply you got, then I will see if the parts guy is still willing to sell me the one he found and cancel the one with GMpartsdirect. Thanks for the heads up!!! :thumbs:

Also, I noticed today for the first time that my map shows my vehicle moving BACKWARDS! WTF? Every few seconds it updates my positon but then moves the wrong direction on every road. It never did this before. Another thing is that the dots that it puts down on the map showing where I've recently driven are off on a tangent from my current position. They swing back onto the current road as I move along but they are not shown like my old unit.

Sounds like you just need to change the map view. While on the Full Map, you'll see a little tile that looks like a compass in the upper left corner of the display. Press that to cycle through the different perspectives you can have on the display.

Sounds like you just need to change the map view. While on the Full Map, you'll see a little tile that looks like a compass in the upper left corner of the display. Press that to cycle through the different perspectives you can have on the display.

Yeah. It's that or your connection to the VSS is bad.

Don't see why it would be any different than putting a 09 Nan in an 07. If they'll let you go out there with them. Watch what they're doing with the TECHII and make sure they know you RPO codes for Y91 and such.

Don't see why it would be any different than putting a 09 Nan in an 07. If they'll let you go out there with them. Watch what they're doing with the TECHII and make sure they know you RPO codes for Y91 and such.

Yeah it sounds to me like they don't know what they're doing at the dealer.

Well I took another one for the team and ordered the $241 and some change 20918430 radio from GMpartsdirect.com -its only money right? :) We'll see if they can ship it out to me or not and how loong... it will take. When I get it and the other two components I'll install and give details. Untill then, stay tuned... :bs:

Thank You,

Scott

GmPartsDirect.com

That seams to be the way things are going, I emailed GMpartsdirect the other day about my order but have not received a response yet. If they come back with the same reply you got, then I will see if the parts guy is still willing to sell me the one he found and cancel the one with GMpartsdirect. Thanks for the heads up!!! :shakehead:

I just canceled my order with GMpartsdirect.com because I spoke with Scott directly and he confirmed the part is on national back-order with no ETA and they haven't charged me yet anyway. I also popped over to my local parts dealer again and they do have one and I ordered it and it could be in as early as tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday. The cost was a little more; $317 plus tax but they are giving me $50.00 off if I exchange my current radio. I'll keep you posted on the outcome... :nono: Do you guys think $50.00 is reasonable for this radio or should I try to sell it on my own???

Archived