2010 Usb

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys think $50.00 is reasonable for this radio or should I try to sell it on my own???

When I upgraded mine, I sold the old one for $150 on eBay....

Wow!! Was yours a single disc or 6 disc with XM? Mine is a single disc with XM. I am suppose to receive the new radio today sometime and the cable will hopefully be here by Friday. :lol:

Good news everyone I got the radio just before lunch, installed it and it came on without any programming. All the features seam to work including XM and Bluetooth- although I had to re-pair my phone?? I am still waiting for the data cable and it should be in tomorrow. Right now when I hit the CD/Aux button all I get is "no USB device found". When I get the cable I'll try to take some pictures of everything. Install was very easy no re-program necessary... :driving: Those of you waiting to do this, I say GO FOR IT and don't look back!!!. :cool: .

I have my old one for sale $100.00 plus shipping if anyone wants to upgrade a work-truck radio.

Here it is!!! P/N 20918430 Single Disc, MP3, XM ready and USB input radio. The first picture is the back of the radio and it shows the original connections PLUS the mini USB connection.

DSC03559.jpg

Close-up of the mini (B) USB female port.

DSC03560.jpg

This is the front of the new radio looks identical to the old one...

DSC03563.jpg

Both radios side by side.

DSC03558.jpg

I decided to try and make my own cable and it worked great!!! I used a male mini (B) USB end and spliced it to a female (A) USB end shown below... There are 4 shielded wires red (+5VDC), black (gnd), white (data 1), green (data 2). All wire colors were the same so just connect them together.

DSC03564.jpg

Finished product installed and working... I now have 8GB's of music in my glove box. :cool:

DSC03565.jpg

I think the biggest challenge of this project is getting the radio from GM's vice grip!!! :driving:

Here it is!!! P/N 20918430 Single Disc, MP3, XM ready and USB input radio. The first picture is the back of the radio and it shows the original connections PLUS the mini USB connection.

DSC03559.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

DSC03558.jpg

I decided to try and make my own cable and it worked great!!! I used a male mini (B) USB end and spliced it to a female (A) USB end shown below... There are 4 shielded wires red (+5VDC), black (gnd), white (data 1), green (data 2). All wire colors were the same so just connect them together.

DSC03564.jpg

Finished product installed and working... I now have 8GB's of music in my glove box. :cool:

DSC03565.jpg

I think the biggest challenge of this project is getting the radio from GM's vice grip!!! :driving:

Cool post. Did you have blue tooth before or did you have to get a new onstar module? Was you orignal radio a standard one?

DSC03559.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

DSC03558.jpg

DSC03564.jpg

DSC03565.jpg

Cool post. Did you have blue tooth before or did you have to get a new onstar module? Was you orignal radio a standard one?

Thanks!!!, I did buy a new VCIM from the same guy a bunch of us did and replaced my old one. My original radio is just like this one minus USB...

If it is like my USB NAV unit, you can control your iPod from the steering wheel but only change songs within a selected list (artist/album/playlist/etc.) and volume.

Congrats on making this work. Never thought about making my own Franken-cable! The gender adapters work pretty well too but I am eventually going to get the factory cable and outlet.

I think the biggest challenge of this project is getting the radio from GM's vice grip!!! :cool:

I don't think it's that GM has a vice-grip on the radios, it's just that they haven't been out quite long enough yet for GMSPO to have built up a reserve inventory of parts. Most of them are reserved for warranty work or are going straight to the factory for installation in new trucks being built.

The VCIMs are another story, though.

Very nice. My problem is that I have a lifetime subscription to XM and they'll charge me a fee to switch radios. Besides, my friend ran off with my ipod. Dang. I keep forgettin to get that back.

Very nice. My problem is that I have a lifetime subscription to XM and they'll charge me a fee to switch radios. Besides, my friend ran off with my ipod. Dang. I keep forgettin to get that back.

That's not even close to a problem, Chuck. The XM Radio is a separate module -- the tuner box is mounted behind the glove box and plugs into the radio headunit on the dash. The headunit changes, but the XM Radio module (and therefore the radio ID) stays the same. No fees.

Here it is!!! P/N 20918430 Single Disc, MP3, XM ready and USB input radio.

DSC03565.jpg

~Will you please take a clearer pic of the display? Can't see details b/c of glare.

~Is it showing Song Title/Artist/Album? ...or is that just the current & next 2 songs?

~Is it easy to navigate between usb flash drive Folders?

Thanks!

Here it is!!! P/N 20918430 Single Disc, MP3, XM ready and USB input radio.

DSC03565.jpg

~Will you please take a clearer pic of the display? Can't see details b/c of glare.

~Is it showing Song Title/Artist/Album? ...or is that just the current & next 2 songs?

~Is it easy to navigate between usb flash drive Folders?

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about that... It shows Song Title, Artist and Album name from top to bottom. If you hit the i button then it shows song title time elapsed and total song time. I'll try to take a better shot and post it when I can. I use the up & down arrows on my steering wheel to navigate each folder, album or song title. You just press the advance button on the steering wheel to drill in each folder until you reach a song and then when you press the advance button again it starts playing. If you hold the down arrow for 2 seconds or longer it goes from MP3 song back to Album, etc...

Archived